Sort Of Related To What You're Saying

Kralbogg

Currently running Community Mod Patch 1.00.

I've encountered something which I'll relate.

After finishing the Cursed Forest and Christmas Island I returned to Artamark to finish exploring and do some more quests.

No problem there.

The problem is the characters are level 53, 54, 56. My High Elf is Level 61. The balance has gone to hell.

Can you reset the monsters so they too are level 61, please? All help is appreciated.

Edited by Kralbogg

Currently running Community Mod Patch 1.00.

I've encountered something which I'll relate.

After finishing the Cursed Forest and Christmas Island I returned to Artamark to finish exploring and do some more quests.

No problem there.

The problem is the characters are level 53, 54, 56. My High Elf is Level 61. The balance has gone to hell.

Can you reset the monsters so they too are level 61, please? All help is appreciated.

That actually is quite normal. The same thing would happen if you didn't have the patch installed. It has to do with the following:

1.) The difficulty level of the game you're playing (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum or Niobium)...

2.) The way the game assigns difficulty levels to the enemies in each part of each region.

Whenever you go into a region (such as Christmas Island, Cursed Forest, Crystal Plane, or if you go down to flip the switch to activate the Epic Office Quest before you normally would arrive in the Jungle area) where the enemies are above your current level and you level up several times (as you're prone to do in those regions), you will be well over the previous level (when you left the area) and consequently, you'll be stuck fighting weaker enemies until you catch up. That is, if you haven't already gone well passed the maximum level for the baddies in that region or the region you visit next.

For instance, if you're playing Bronze, and you go to do the Christmas Island Quest from Thylysium at say, level 20, and return at level 26 or so, by the time you get to the part of the game where the level 26 characters will be hanging out, you'll likely be at level 30 unless you skip side quests and any exploring beyond going directly to where the next main quest takes you.

Ironically, the higher the difficulty level, the less of a problem this will be. The higher difficulties levels take longer to level - so the odds are you won't level quite as much if you do the Christmas Quest in Gold, Platinum or Niobium and the difference in your level and the level of the baddies around you won't be quite so big.

As to whether that can be changed... Eh.. Maybe.. It has to do with the spread of levels each difficulty level covers. It would likely require some serious recoding of the game maths... Not sure even the guys writing the CM Patch can rewrite that.

Nice explanation Wolfie.

Basically, if you are seeing enemies that are lower than your level, you are in the wrong location and should progress further through the game (either in terms of the map or difficulty level).

At level 61 you should be getting close to finishing up in Silver, but the jungle, dryads and wastelands should still be able to match your level.

Good to see more Aussies on the forums. You playing on ClosedNet at all?

Nice explanation Wolfie.

Basically, if you are seeing enemies that are lower than your level, you are in the wrong location and should progress further through the game (either in terms of the map or difficulty level).

At level 61 you should be getting close to finishing up in Silver, but the jungle, dryads and wastelands should still be able to match your level.

Good to see more Aussies on the forums. You playing on ClosedNet at all?

I have but one comment. :bow:

Thanks to both of you.

I'm a single player, but I can't see why I can't find some way of getting onto CloseNet.