25 replies to this topic

#21 Gilberticus

Gilberticus

Spectral Mercenary

• Members
  • 523 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:14 AM

Well, if Spock and Thorin vouch for them, it's good enough for me, those gentlemen don't seem to like to blow smoke up peoples' backsides

#22 AngelShade

AngelShade

Radon Master

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:55 PM

for 25.000 $ who wouldnt XD.

#23 Yoshio

Yoshio

Radon Master

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:49 AM

I'm a bit bias about that all!

First at Unsacred the promised a big up-date for this Friday only to find the homepage not accessable. Today, Saturday, then I need to find out via the old official forum that everything has changed although nothing, except for the name, has changed. Now the game is called "unbended" and the "new" homepage can befound, for those who are still interested in it, via this link

At least there is now already a link for a English version, although not yet anything up there.

So far neither Sacred III nor Unbended do leave a good tast in my mouth but maybe it is the same with old wine!? Maybe it just needs time and some careful observation till the full tast can flourish!?

#24 munk

munk

Master of Antimony

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Gamertag:kuks kri

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:44 PM

I would urge forebearence about unsacred or unbended et al.  When a business starts, it is often shaky and has not yet connected all the dots.  I've been on the groundfloor with new business  and from external perspective or reviews could be made to look like fraud, but in actuality, there are so many things going on there is not time or the resources to yet fulfill expectations and requirements - even legal requirements.  Established businesses often, 'rob Peter to pay Paul" or shuffle resources to fufill obligations, or delay some thresholds to meet others.  They do this matter of factly and have lawyers who know the systems and play the game.  The way independents begin today does look like fraud if you use a conventional business model.  Asking for constributions is how they begin.  Many will fail.  Some will succeed.  Grim Dawn looks to be coming along. 

Don't examine the new shoots as if they were adult trees.  I thought at least one of the developers is listed on the original game? 

In a world filled with fraud, everyone and everything looks like fraud, or can easily be made to look bad.   IF too much use of that word is used in connection to a new beginning, the game may fail.  Word of mouth is a two edged sword; Search engines wont know what is real- keep saying 'Fraud" about this attempt and it will become linked to the game they are trying to build. I can appreciate the caution, and warning for friends and associates one does not wish to see harmed, but so far there is no sign of deception. This thing just started.  Their website isn't built yet and can't provide the features we've all grown accustomed to, that means fraud?  That's waaaaaay premature.   Does anyone remember what happened to Big Giant Games when a govenor of a state in America badmouthed their business on TV?  The donors fled and the new company failed.  We might have had a whole series of Reckoning...

Indie productions are the hope of the future for the gaming industry; because the big corporations have settled back and are giving a complacent buying public the equivalent of Hollywood action thrillers, over and over.  If new life or new horizons are going to arrive in this marketplace, it's going to be independents who break through.  And they don't have bucks, lawyers, tax experts or multiple personnel to do the job.  Elder Scrolls started as a computer game by a small group of people who believed in what they were doing.  Too bad not all those people are still there....

I'm going to contribute to this Un--  in the near future if things go as I think they will.  In this world, where we only go around once, putting your money where your mouth is, where your DREAM is, expresses my life beautifully.  Rarely do I have a chance to vote for a dream or idea I believe in.  This is groundfloor dreammaking. Will I support a game that bucks the industry cut and paste  productions?  You bet I will.  In the US there is Kickstarter, in Europe there is another aparatus similar for a new game to collect funds to build the game.  I need to examine the contribution structure, however it is being handled, and when I'm satisfied, I'll back them.

#25 Dobster

Dobster

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:30 AM

I'm quite excited by Unbended more so than Sacred 3, although not the name. I would try and find a better name before going any further with development.  :lol:

There is an interview with Franz Stradal here: http://nichegamer.ne...r-ascaron-devs/

I like the sound of the game but would need to know more before putting any money towards it. Maybe they should think about Kickstarter?

#26 munk

munk

Master of Antimony

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Gamertag:kuks kri

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:40 AM

I was told Kickstarter does not provide for Europe.  There is another company/service in Europe that does the same job.  don't know what their name is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users