Sacred Guide: The Merchant Mechanics Unraveled

Thorin Oakshield of Clan DA reveals the secrets of shopping at the Sacred merchants. Posted here with his permission.

The Merchant mechanics unraveled

I've already posted this at the SIF, but since not all of us visit that site, here I go again.

It's been for a while I had the feeling the merchants in Sacred were using some sort of system to generate items.

So to find me some proof, I did some testing in both MP as SP and found simular results for the merchants.

Since most players are obviously looking for the best items, it might be useful to know how the merchant-mechanics actually work.

What's commonly known is that by changing merchants, the items they have in stock change.

It's an exploit we all use when shopping at BraveMart or Porto Vallum Market; something which is a bit easier to do in MP as in SP.

However, the change of items isn't just that. The quality of the items is changing too, with a reset point every once in a while.

And I've discovered the reset point of the items is very easy to spot; being the moment the merchant isn't having any sort or just one or two kinds of jewelry in stock at all.

Between two reset points both the quality and quantity of the items increase and decrease, with the best items found somewhere in the middle of two reset points.

In general the mechanics work like this:

Stage 1: Lots of bad items, occasionally some good items.

Stage 2: lots of good items

Stage 3: some good items, several better items

Stage 4: several better items, several best items

Stage 5: several best items, lots of exelent items

Stage 7: several better items, several best items

Stage 8: some good items, several better items

Stage 9: lots of good items

Stage 10: Lots of bad items, occasionally some good items

Stage 11: few items of bad quality, usually followed by a merchant reset.

Another thing I discovered is that the +x to trading amulet's are having just one shape; but that they're available for all character classes and that the stats increase depending at the server level.

All trading amulet's I've found in both MP as SP are having the pin shape, making it quite easy to spot them.

However, these amulet's show up very occasionally, making them very hard to find.

But like I said, the stats depend at the server you play in, making them better over time.

So far I've discovered that +1 Trading amy's are found in Bronze, +2 Amy's are found in Silver, +6 amy's are found in Gold and +8 amy's are found in Platinum.

Which makes me wonder what the stats for a Niob Trading would be.:scratch:

Thorin