Magic Wood Elf Build

Overview

This type of build is arguably the strongest build for the Wood Elf class. It can deal out a lot of damage quickly, and can take many hits. However, it is a very hard character to start out with, and it will take a while to get to about level 30.

Attributes

Mental Regeneration. You need a low regeneration time on all your spells, this helps with regen time and adds a little damage.

Skills

If you have changed your Default skills to 0 in your settings folder you want these skills, preferably in this order, but of course it's always up to you.

Moon Magic

Magic Lore

Meditation

Constitution

Agility

Armor

_______

Parrying

The _____ is your choice between:

Trading (if you like to trade merchants)

Long-Handled Weapons (if you want to use a staff- again to beat people over the head with :yay:) I would suggest against this one..

Ranged Lore (if you plan on using a unique bow that requires it)

Disarming (this CAN be useful, I've never found it that way, but it's been recommended to me before)

If you haven't changed your default skills then:

Agility

Weapon Lore

Moon Magic

Meditation

Magic Lore

Constitution

Armor

Parrying

You get no choices if you haven't done it. It is posted somewhere on the site how to do it. I could tell you how, but some consider it cheating. I don't want to give it to you easily so that you automatically do it, but if you go out of your way to find out how then go for it. (Mine are changed :D)

Moon Magic- you want this at about half your level. It slows down around 50, but you can take it higher. I'd stop when it gets to around 120% (not sure what level that is).

Meditation- keep this at about 3/4 or even with your character level. You need as much regen as you can get out of this.

Magic Lore- keep about the same level with meditation. It will help your damage a lot.

Constitution- keep it at about 1/2 your character level

Armor, agility and parrying- Keep pretty close to 1/2 your character level, with armor being slightly higher if you can.

If you choose ranged lore, you only need 1 point in it. If you keep a couple items that give + ranged lore and equip them when you are putting on a bow then remove them, you still get to wear the bow.

If you choose long-handled weapons then you probably only want 1 in it, similar to ranged lore. I don't suggest long-handled weapons because you will not be taking weapon lore in this build, therefore it will do hardly any damage to hit someone with the staff. Also, you will want to wear a shield and either a dagger or a sword for more defense and regeneration.

If you choose trading it is suggested that you keep it as high as you can to get better trades. Every time I've taken it I've just found as many items with +trading and kept them to wear when I went trading. I usually put maybe 50 points or so in this, but you don't have to put more than 1 if you don't want to. You can still get it over 100 without adding any points.

You're on your own if you choose disarming. As I said, I've never found it useful... but many have. You could try investing a couple points in it if you take it, but if you don't see any help with it then it might be wasting your points. It's up to you on that one, sorry :o.

Combat Arts/Spells

Your main spells are going to be Call of the Ancestors (CotA) and Thorn Bush. You can also use companion of the woods to take some hits for you, quick as a flash to speed you up, recuperation to heal you and others, or poisoned tendrils. I typically don't take poisoned tendrils because it doesn't seem as useful to me. It stays in one place and does little damage. Usually you'll have enough + to recuperation that you won't have to read any runes, but I typically don't use this. Life leech is usually enough to keep me alive.

Thorn bush- This is your main shooting attack, it moves really slowly, and hits each guy twice (usually). It does poison damage only, but it is the most damaging spell you will be using. If you shoot it with an arrow it explodes, doing twice the damage it normally would, and it explodes into a poison nova. Enemies can also shoot it, doing the same thing as if you shot it. You want to be able to cast this very often, the more often the better. I try to keep mine at about 1 second for regeneration.

CotA- This is your other main spell. It has a maximum of 6 ancestors around you. It does magic and physical damage. It isn't as damaging as Thorn Bush, but it serves it's purpose well. It finishes off any enemies that are split to you, and it keeps an almost constant life leech. It's damage can get up there if all 6 are hitting one enemy. I would try to keep your regeneration time at about it's duration in the beginning, as you level up and find items, your regeneration will be a lot lower than your duration. This is ok, but you still want it to be high enough damage to kill things. I try to keep it about 20 seconds lower than the duration in higher levels.

Companion of the Woods- This is optional. I usually only read 1 rune for it, and let my gear boost it the rest of the way. Even then, I don't usually cast it. It does decent damage when at higher levels, but for it to keep up damage with you, it has to be a lot higher level than you are. If it is higher than you are you will get less experience from the monsters it kills than if you were killing the monsters. I would only suggest using it if you are having trouble staying alive in the beginning.

Quick as a Flash- It can be useful if you are really slow. If I read any of this, I read 1 rune. It isn't that important to have, as you level up you will become faster. You will find gear that will make you as fast as possible.

Gear

You want as much regenerate spells as you can find. Other than that, you want + mental regeneration, about 20% life leech (12% will do, but it's better to have more), and + to thorn bush or CotA. Early on Israfael's set is decent (without the staff). Xrystals or M'eg An-Enid's are the way to go towards the higher levels.

Combos

I usually don't use combos for this type of WE. If you did, you could do a 1x CotA combo, a 4x thorn bush combo (not recommended- makes you sit in 1 place for too long), a ?x recuperation combo (to get full health if you are low after a big fight), or 1x companion of the woods combo. If you do the 1x CotA combo, you have to cast CotA on your own to start with, either on a monster or on the ground. Then you can cast the combo on whichever you didn't cast the first one on. You can have at most 2 CotA's out, and even then it's tricky to get 2 at a time. I don't use this, 1 does enough damage for me..