Why cant I fnd what I'm looking for?

So after I defeated the last boss on silver with my SW lv 40 I decided to start a free world and revisit him a few times since I had the resurection monolyth right there. I faught him 5 more times and didnt even get a 3 star item. My survival bonus was at 72% I was told the higher this s the better drops you get.. I am constantly running into other SW that are 9-10 levels LOWER than I am and when I try to show off my stuff, they end up showing me BETTER stuff than I have, how is this possable, how can someone 9 levels lower than me have stronger weapons and armor equiped:) It doesnt make any sense at all, I was once even shown the same exact weapon I was using but it was a lower level and did more damage, this makes no sense at all. Can anyone explain this to me:)

Survival bonus will help you find stuff. so will the Enhanced Perception skill, and gear with the +% to find valuables. if they have higher of those other stats, they might find better stuff. or they might have a higher level guy who gives them lower level stuff. also, they might be socketing things. if your weapon was the same as theirs, but they had something socketed in it to add damage, then that might have been the cause of that.

Hope that helps. =)

Survival bonus will help you find stuff. so will the Enhanced Perception skill, and gear with the +% to find valuables. if they have higher of those other stats, they might find better stuff. or they might have a higher level guy who gives them lower level stuff. also, they might be socketing things. if your weapon was the same as theirs, but they had something socketed in it to add damage, then that might have been the cause of that.

Hope that helps. =)

Well I have never actually tried this because I was told SW cannot use bargaining or inhanced perception, is that true? I was going to start a new SW and give him both of those but someone told me that th SW cannot have either of them. And anyway you go back and fight the namelss one 5 times and let me know if he drops a 3 star item. youll probably get one from each of the 4 bosses, me I get nada, crap, dookie, a potion and a necklace, woopie ! and maybe a few 1 star items.. Let me know how that goes please..

Well I have never actually tried this because I was told SW cannot use bargaining or inhanced perception, is that true? I was going to start a new SW and give him both of those but someone told me that th SW cannot have either of them. And anyway you go back and fight the namelss one 5 times and let me know if he drops a 3 star item. youll probably get one from each of the 4 bosses, me I get nada, crap, dookie, a potion and a necklace, woopie ! and maybe a few 1 star items.. Let me know how that goes please..

SW can take EP as a secondary skill (meaning you need 5 points into Blacksmith, Riding, or Divine Devotion first). but you are correct that they cannot take bargaining. I think you should still be able to use items with the +%chance of finding valuables though. it also could just be bad luck.

I wouldn't worry about finding amazing items just yet. I have a level 56 SW on gold difficulty on its way to Platinum with a 85% Survival Bonus(I haven't died yet) and I've been finding pretty amazing gear.

You can do two things to ease your frustration:

1.)Filter your drops to 2-star or higher.

2.)Bosses are good for drops but I find that Elite enemies within mobs yield better drops.

3.)Don't play the same boss over and over because there might be a string of code to prevent boosting(paranoia).

Also I would NOT recommend wasting a skill slot on Enhanced Perception, concentrate on killing stuff and the spoils will come I. I promise you.