Sets and Regeneration Penalty

Hey All,

So yesterday on my level 21 SW I got a bunch of pieces of the Armatins set to my joy;) However when I equipped it my regeneration spiked to 191%. I wanted to ask if I am doing something wrong?

The level of the pieces I got are level 15, and I am level 21, am I doing somehting wrong?

Will taking Armor Lore drop this?

Just curious, luckily its dead sexy armor and I am willing to have horrid regen for now;)

Please let me know

Jord

It isn't that you are necessarily doing something wrong - regen penalty is just always built in to any armor piece, including sets. Yes, taking Armor Lore will help this. There is a reason that it features to at least to a small extent in a lot of the posted builds on the site.

It isn't that you are necessarily doing something wrong - regen penalty is just always built in to any armor piece, including sets. Yes, taking Armor Lore will help this. There is a reason that it features to at least to a small extent in a lot of the posted builds on the site.

Thanks for the reply, I understand about regen penalty and all armor pieces having it, but was very surprised at the 25%+ on some of the Set Pieces, are Set pieces generally that high for regen penalty? It would make sense since the stats are far higher then anything else I found that level. I will grab armor lore next though.

Thanks again.

Doesn't the penalty come down for your level also? I know my Dryad gets big armor penalties when trying to wear armor that is a few levels higher.

It definitely does, but I am 6 levels higher then the default level for the set pieces currently.

Hmm - it does seem a bit high - but I've taken before Level 20 with all the characters I've started so far, so I can't say if there is an escalating regen penalty without the skill as you level..

Hmm - it does seem a bit high - but I've taken before Level 20 with all the characters I've started so far, so I can't say if there is an escalating regen penalty without the skill as you level..

The higher level items you get, the regen penalty on them will get bigger. The way to counter this is to get armor lore, it shouldn't be even up for discussion whether you should get it or not because its absolutely NECESSARY if you want to be successful in later difficulties like Plat.