Magic Coup Mods PS3

Hello Fellow Sacred 2 fans,

I have a quick question regarding the Life leach modification to Magic Coup.

I have just modified this aspect and I can not truly discern if the life leach is working on the PS3.

Looking at the Sacred 2 wiki I think that the equation is incorrect [ 5% +5%xCA level] as I have 12 points in Magic Coup which would imply 65% life leach {this equation would appear to be overpowered and I would more expect the 'second' portion that depends on the CA level to be 0.5%per level}.

When I use Magic Coup I do not see any corresponding increase in my 'health'.

Does anyone know if this is because I have so few points into Magic coup or does it imply that the modifciation does not function as advertised when playing on the PS3.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice......

I tested out the magic coup life leech last night by taking down Octagolamus and I did see that a portion of his life was leeched away. However, it was difficult to gauge exactly how much life was transfered (I did actually see the tendrils of life being transfered from Octagolamus to my HE :gogo: ).

Consequently, it would appear that this feature IS working on the PS3 but I am sure that the amount of life leeched was far smaller than the equation shown on the Sacred 2 wiki site.

I am still interested in hearing from any users who have modified the magic coup for life leech to gain a better understanding of how I should modify its 'gold' options.

I tested out the magic coup life leech last night by taking down Octagolamus and I did see that a portion of his life was leeched away. However, it was difficult to gauge exactly how much life was transfered (I did actually see the tendrils of life being transfered from Octagolamus to my HE :gogo: ).

Consequently, it would appear that this feature IS working on the PS3 but I am sure that the amount of life leeched was far smaller than the equation shown on the Sacred 2 wiki site.

I am still interested in hearing from any users who have modified the magic coup for life leech to gain a better understanding of how I should modify its 'gold' options.

The 5% + 5% per CA level life leech is definitely wrong, I don't know how the percentage is actually calculated but it does increase maybe with the CA level, maybe due to something else.

Someone may correct me on this but, as far as I know the amount of life leeched is a percentage of the damage of magic coup (as shown on the CA details) and actually adds to the damage of the attack (Although the additional damage does not feature in the details). For example assume the life leech is 20% and magic coup shows 800-1000 damage, the actual damage will be 960-1200 assuming the opponent has no armor/mitigation (as that would reduce the 800-1000) and you will gain 160-200 HP recovery. One big advantage of this is that life leech damage cannot be reduced by armor which makes it useful against magic resistant enemies, it also has a nice bonus with the stray damage mod.

Without question you should definitely take the Stray Damage gold mod, the critical chance does not make up for the chance of hitting enemies near the target, and later on the chance of stray damage activating can get very high. The damage from Stray Damage is only a portion of the actual damage of magic coup (~50% I think) but the any additional targets hit will also have life leech activate on them and it will do the full damage to all targets. Using the above example an additional opponent would take 400-500 damage (50% of the total) but life leech would still steal 160-200 from the additional target. You can see how life leech could inflict a lot of additional damage as the % goes up.

For proof that life leech adds damage, if you need it, once you have life leech you may notice that magic coup often does more damage that the Combat Art details show it should.

Edited by LordRaviel

Hello LordRaviel,

many thanks for taking the time to reply.

I had already presumed that the life leached would 'act' as an additional damage amount and what you say in this matter makes perfect sense and I did see this 'impact' on poor old Octagolamus :unsure:

I was 'leaning' towards stray damage but I was waiting to find out if anyone knew if the end game critical increase was 'substantial' better.

Now, my mind is made up.

Happy hunting......