Regarding Console Trades

I recently read somewhere that you should both manually save the game after a trade to ensure that it goes through to completion. I'm sure one of the regular posters will jump in soon with more information but I don't think it was a dishonest player, I think it was the game.

[Added]

A quick way to verify this is to try a trade between two players on the same console. Since I don't own a console, I don't know if it would have the same problem as online play does but, if it does, it would verify the problem is with the game and not the player.

Edited by Spock

I have heard of people loosing items after trades and from what I can discern the save it makes when the trade is accepted saves while the items offered are still in the offered sections, I.e. no one has them, then it gives the item to the other player. A second problem is that the host leaving the game does not save the progress on anyone else in the game. That means if someone joins your game you trade then you quit before they can manually save they will lose any items they were given.

I have heard of people loosing items after trades and from what I can discern the save it makes when the trade is accepted saves while the items offered are still in the offered sections, I.e. no one has them, then it gives the item to the other player. A second problem is that the host leaving the game does not save the progress on anyone else in the game. That means if someone joins your game you trade then you quit before they can manually save they will lose any items they were given.

yer I had this happen to me before hence the reason I host.. unless im trading with known traders for example yourself and tekken179

It's been my experience that the most dangerous thing for you is if you have items in the pending trade window and the host closes the game. Since those items are out of your inventory but not saved to any other character, you lose them.

As someone said above me, that is the reason that I too always host when I'm planning on trading.