Co-Op tactics on 360

I've been playing this game in SP for some time now. Yesterday I bought the game for my brother so we can co-op. I have a level 40 Queen of Swords seraphim. I usually take on and kill in one shot at least 10 mobs with pelting. Question is how do you team up and do tactics with a friend if my toon can take them all out by herself. Do you run the board separately so you can cover more area for kills or do I need a weaker toon so we can play side by side and do quests and easterhunts together?

Edited by Furian67

I've been playing with my buddy who bought the game before I did; we started campaign coop'ing with a 33 level gap. I tried joining his game but I would just die every 2 seconds, so now I host and it works not bad. He stills does most of the work but it's safe enough I can join in the fighting; ..his xp is crud most of the time, but it's helping me catch up quick.

Edited by sacred

I play couch co-op with my friend.

His new character leveled up reeeeeeally fast for the first 15 levels this way, just stand around and let the high level character kill everything in sight.

When you co-op this way the monsters level get's set to halfway both levels. Example: L50 char + L1 char = mobs around level 25. Super easy to kill for high character, impossible for low level char!

The mobs always try to run at the low level btw!

Of course the L50 char only get's 1 XP per kill since the level is way beneath it.

The L1 levels like crazy though.

Online co-op the max level gap is 10 tho :blink:

It's best when both char's are roughly equal level, as the above is boring....

Maybe lfast evel 2 chars to around L15 this way and then co-op with those?

I mean, at L15 you at least both have some fun skills to test on your friendly neighbourhood mobs :P

And growing together also grows a nice bond and develops neat co-op skills and teamwork, for instance a Tank holding back mobs and a ranged damage dealer slaying them.

Hope this helps?

Thanks for the fast replies. Still looking for a tactics angle, not really worried about experience. I started a new toon so we could level together. I used to play EverQuest when it first came out. played that for about 3 years at 7-14 hours a day 7/364. Of course EverCrack is aptly named. But I remember that we had different classes that complementing the other. In Sacred what classes do this for co-oping.

Thanks for the fast replies. Still looking for a tactics angle, not really worried about experience. I started a new toon so we could level together. I used to play EverQuest when it first came out. played that for about 3 years at 7-14 hours a day 7/364. Of course EverCrack is aptly named. But I remember that we had different classes that complementing the other. In Sacred what classes do this for co-oping.

Well, each character can choose to specialize in 3 very different area's or to mix these 3...

So it really depends on where you put your XP points, which Combat Arts, which focuses etc. etc.

Or maybe a more experienced member than me has a better idea on this? :blink:

well as far as co-oping goes, me and my brother play together and we do combos like two high elfs, but ill pick fire he will pick ice so that helps on different resistances, you can combo a shadow warrior with a seraphim, that way you have a tank and the seraphim can mod to buff him as well with +atk and possibly heal, thiers endless combos really depends on the style of play and where your at. Off hand tho I cant really think of all the complimented combos thier are.

Im guna assume your playin on bronze, or even silver in that case ya the mobs wont be that tough, but when you get into gold to niobium you will start noticing it helps to have anyone around really lol

Thanks ch8ball, Yep were playing on silver. Bronze was way too boring when I first started so I told my brother to not even go there unless we are going to farm for something. I'll have to get into all the classes and see what spells and abilities each has that can work with or complement another in the group. I'm starting to remember more about my EverQuest playing and group dynamics the more I think about this and read. Just have to do some better research for now. Maybe we can mainline the quest to get through silver and get to gold.

Thanks for the help and replies guys.

Well I figured we'll have my brother run a seraphim Queen of Blades..... I have one at level 50 now and she Rocks. And I'm going to run Putrescine's Hybrid Hunter Dryad. We are fast tracking through silver. Hitting only the seraphim class quests and the main line. Figured when we hit gold it'll be a better time to side quest, slow down and take a look around. Stopping now and then to do a side quest that I know has a good pay off. Picked us up a grown bear to fight with us. Not the one thats posted but there is another one that you deliver a fruit basket to cuz he's sick. When ya come out of the cave do not talk to the two guys outside the entrance. The bear will be yours. He never gets hurt and hes a good bloodhound for mobs when your in the mood to just pound some experience.

I have 2 characters I play with, my Seraphim is for SP and my SW is for multiplayer.

The only thing I hate about playing multiplayer is that all your quests are reset which sucks >< is there anyway to not reset quests and play with a friend?