Need help with my High Elf

ok I keep seeing you talk on a couple post about the high elf. Im having a great bit of trouble, and could use some help.

Im a level 67 and I keep getting smashed. and dont know what to pick with my last skill.

attributes=

strength:186

Stamina:200

Vitality:183

Dexterity:180

Intelligence:308

Willpower:191

as you can see ive been dumping alot into intelligence.

Skills=

Concentration:67

Sword weapons:27 (dont ask)

delphic Lore:42

ancient magic:8

armor Lore:22

Magic Staff:16 (dont ask)

Combat Discipline:5

Arrant pyro lore:67

Arrant pyro focus:1

it seems like I cant hit my targets with the sword im using, it acts like im froze and all I see is red numbers, its like I cant swing on them or something I always have crystal skin and grand invigoration on at all times, oh yeah and I use a shield for extra defense. Any thing you can tell me to do with this character would be cool.

To me it looks like your going to have to start over, pumping intelligence into a character when you want sword damage is NOT the way to go. As for your high elf, if you choose to restart my advice is NO WEAPON SKILLS my level 50 is doing fantastic without them, A high elf is mostly adapted to dealing out magic damage, not melee although I've ran into a few good melee builds in my time. heres a build my freid gave me:

All points into Intelligence

Skills:

(main)

concentration

pyro manc lore

pyro manc focus (always match BOTH of these to your level, focus provides for the ability to get higher CA levels without penalty and shortens regen if im correct)

(you can vary from these if you want)

armor lore

delphic arcania focus (for grand invigoration)

combat disc

consitution

ancient magic

delphic arcania lore (mostly for cobalt strike at higher levels)

(last one usually whatever you want)

p.s. So theres my two cents buddy, trying to be as helpful as possible but if someone has abetter solution they're free to step forward and speak up as I have.

edit: oh and I'll look for agood melee build if thats truly the path you want...no promises though (and I hate my spelling...soemtimes type too fast to recognize those few spelling errors x[)

Edited by nostalgic

Hello pscyobang81,

welcome to the forum!

looking at your stats, while it is true that they are spread over a very diverse group of skills, I see no obvious reason for your troubles.

Clearly, you have spent most of your skill points on Concentration and pyro lore both of which should imply that you have excellent regen times plus substantial damage via ancerstral fireball and blazing tempest. Your meteor shower should also be high enough to see of most bosses (if appropriately modded).

As you have observed, we high elves are 'very squishy' and the best mode of operation is 'run and gun', NEVER let yourself get surrounded by the undead or you will quickly see the 'red light flash of your health bar' as you sustain a critical hit from all of them combined :butcher:

I find that for instances of foes getting 'up close and personal' a properly modded magic coup can see you through. Modify magic coup for 'life leach and stray damage' and your sword will tear chuncks out of the foes that 'are in your face' :pirate: Also remember the 'get out of jail card' in the form of your teleport skill to extricate yourself from serious trouble.

What sword are you using and how is it moddifed? I find that 'Boneslicer' works wonders on most foes and the quest should be well within your capabilities.

How many runes have you read and how have you distributed your combart art modifications?

If you post those attributes, I am sure many of the more seasoned high elves can give you some additional suggestions.

Many things can slow you down (using too high a level sword and armour but you have those skills so, once more, no obvious reason for your lack of success).

This game has so many options that it is good to experiment with the available skills to determine how you best like to play and also how the game mechanics can be 'turned in your favor'. Having determined your favorite skills and play style, you can easily create a character that is idealy tailored to how you want to play.

Welcome aboard and happy hunting.....

if you're wondering why you're missing a lot with your sword on HE (snickers) it's probably because you're attack value is low and besides from armor/wep bonus, the only way you're really gonna increase that is with stats into str and I think dex

also, hows you're regen time on your Combat Arts? do you use em a lot? I notice you pumped concentration and avoided the focus for em, been using runes either?

and yes, HE's are squishy

have you mod the Combat Arts?

at first it seems like you're pyro HE, but you mention you use crystal skin instead of incandescent, any reason why?

can't really give advice for last skill w/o more answers, but if you're looking for more defense consider shield lore since you use one

I have

pyro lore (mastery)

pyro focus (mastery)

concentration (5)

stormlite focus (twenty smthn for level and mod)

delphic focus (25 for level and mod)

delphic lore (15 for grand invigoration, kinda for cobalt strike too)

ancient magic (45 but going for mastery)

armor lore (25)

shield lore (15)

constitution (40)

with most stats in int. maybe a fifth into stamina, my ancient fireball and blazing tempest (main spells) are at 30+ invig and incandescent (main buffs) are above 20

this allows me to depend on magic and not have to worry about pnt distribution as much, its basically pumping here and there as I go along, and I always am in party with a dual wielding, astral lord SW so I have it easier than you solo-ers =P