Sacred 2 Combo Setup and Assignment

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere so I thought I'd make a post about it.

On the Xbox 360 the only way to use multiple Combat Arts of the same aspect is to put them in a combo, otherwise every CA of the same aspect you just used has a timer put on them. But if you put them in a combo, you can use 2 (three if you upgrade) aspect Combat Arts at a time.

This seems like a pretty important tip for people that I never ready anywhere in the Sacred 2 wiki. Is it the same for PC? It took me a while to figure this out when I got annoyed of seeing a timer pop up on Combat Arts that I wanted to use.

Something I do now with every toon is to assign the main attack Combat Arts of each aspect into three combo's, one aspect per combo.

Then assign the weapon attack combo to Y, Area of Effect stuff to B, and the other to A. I Reserve X for either the weapon, or in my TG's case Battle Extension.

To be exact, the CA share the same timer for regen if they're from the same aspect. As in S1, where the spells shared 1 timer, and the CA another one. So if you use a CA from an aspect, you drop the regeneration of the other CA from this aspect down. I recommend you read an article I made on the wiki regarding S1, this should help. here it is. just think about aspects instead of CA color or spell/combat art. I'm not sure about the value of the regen lost on a CA when you use another in Sacred 2, but even if the values are not the same, the fact are here. 1 CA use of an aspect makes all the same aspect CA regeneration drop !

Comboing CAs gets rid of the regen drop, but the time taken to regen the whole combo is higher than the one it takes to regen a single CA. If multiple combos use CA from the same aspect, the "regen drop" rule applies to these combos as well. But if combos don't share any aspect, then every combo timer is independant as far as I remember.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Edited by Nihilith