Anyone tried a ranged Seraphim?

BlackJAC

Kinda getting bored using swords or spamming FN, and it hit me I might give a ranged seraphim a spin.

I'll assume the only Combat Art that will be of any real benefit would be SH?

Would probably pan out something like this:

Attribute: Mostly Dexterity with a little bit of vitality here and there.

Tactics

Armour

EW focus

Ranged

EP

Tech focus - to use DP as and when the toon is in a tight spot

constitution

C Ref

Speed Lore

?

With Battle stance as my main buff and DP as my semi permanent buff.

I"m not a big fan of bows in this game, but pistol or shuriken with shield might be okay.

Pelting Strikes should work okay too, and you might want Archangel's Wrath for *some* semblance of Area of Effect.

I'd find it difficult to motivate myself to try this build though; it'd always be too tempting to just use BFG.

Took a ranged seraphim up to around level 30 last night and today and I have to say, it sucked. Sucked badly!

Bows are extremely buggy against certain enemies. Really toiled against bats whilst in the swamp and those energy balls on Dryad island were next to impossible to kill as the arrows just kept missing. AW wasn't packing much strength as I wasn't pumping points into RT thus it was unmodded, so it started to feel like a slog rather than fun.

At least with the Dryad you can fall back on blowpipes for buggy enemies, but you're pretty much left high and dry with all other toons.

Edited by BlackJAC

I am a fan of the BFG seraphim; but I always keep a nice bow and pistol in case of an unbuffing. The pistols are great, but as mentioned above the bows miss alot.

At least with the Dryad you can fall back on blowpipes for buggy enemies, but you're pretty much left high and dry with all other toons.

Heh... with my dryad I always kept a bow in case the blowpipe couldn't hit something. Like traps for instance. Those big lightning towers in the Great Machine just could not be hit with a blowpipe. But normally I loved the blowpipe since the instant-hit meant auto-targetting was more likely to work.