Patch problems with PS3 and wireless router

Anyone else have any problems downloading the patch for the PS3? I have a Linksys wireless router and was even having problems downloading the latest system update. Finally got that accomplished by using a long enough ethernet cable and wired directly to my PS3. Trying to do the game update however will not go to completion; 24% is the furthest it has gotten to. The linksys is the G type; I have not upgraded to N yet. Distance can't be the problem, I am wired now. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks.

I havent tried updating my firmware yet, but anything PSN related, you can usually check the forums on playstation.com. When psn goes down sometimes I check out that site and I find 20 threads about people freaking out because they cant play online lol. Maybe your not the only one with this problem.

It was the latest patch for the PS3; I have played the game before. I've been trying to download this for a couple of months I believe.

Today in fact a friend brought his modem and router that uses the phone network (cell?) to work and we ran over to my house during lunch. While it took a lot longer I finally got the patch installed. His rig took the place of my modem and router, so I am still not 100% certain what the problem was but I will probably end up buying a new N type router eventually. I have only used Linksys routers in the past and this is my third one so maybe they aren't the best anyway. Every now and then I have to unplug the router from the power and then reapply power to get it to work.