Where is the best place to level up fast?

I am a Level 11 HE, I was wondering where would be the best place to level up fast. I found that doing some of these quests is pointless because some barely give any experience. Another thing I was wondering about was how can I talk to other players?

I am a Level 11 HE, I was wondering where would be the best place to level up fast. I found that doing some of these quests is pointless because some barely give any experience. Another thing I was wondering about was how can I talk to other players?

Heya ther Overeem! Welcome to the forum!

Looks like nobody is showing you any love here, so I will try my best.

I will just give you my new char routine. Please, now that there are lots of ways to level and every body probably does this different. but here goes...

Sometimes with a new char like a HE or Inquisitor. they are a little slow out of the start. so I play to about level 10 on Bronze just to learn the Combat Arts and get some starter gear and runes. Bronze is uber easy so you can get acquainted easy there without suffering from early level TKO. After level 8-12 I restart my campaign on Silver were the XP is better. I head north out of Sloeford and grind the Koblads for a while. do some quests there like the rune master tutorial, blacksmith tutorial, Relic Tutorial. they get ya through some levels plus now you got a place to shop and smith. At about level 12 or so I take a run at the Kobald chieftain quest. he is a good test to know if you can move on the the Undead region east of the capitol of thylisium.

Now I will grind against the HE and Undead until about level 20. Then I go north to the human lands. Black oaks has some good XP in the animals, beware of the champion boars and bears and wolf. they are not too bad one at a time but if you get mobbed it might not end well. After this I move to Gruwald to the west. Lots of baddies spawn here. Good XP and not a lot of seriously dangerous stuff. By now you should be able to grind to about level 30 or so.

check back in a while and let us know how you are doing.

Edited by locolagarto

Tbh I never could take down the Kobold Chieftan with my Ice HE on level 12 (Silver Difficulty)

I just used to skip him or let someone high level port in & kill him :agreed:

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Edited by Chareos Rantras

Loving the Cookie Monster there Chareos! You may be right about that, it takes a build suited for it. I always build an Arcane Elf with either ice or fire as second, so the Magic coup will do him in if she is ready. I didn't explain well here, but be careful of the Chieftain. He can throw that huge rock on your head and have ya starting all over pretty quick. luckily he is slow and you can just run away if you are not killing him quickly

I'll chime in on this one!

If you're set up correctly, the best (fastest) way to gain levels early in the game is just to progress along the main quest. Playing my HE "hardcore" - not using high-level smithing exploits - I had no issues finishing Silver difficulty by level 30.

It's not "really" a hardcore character, as I do use runes and set pieces out of the chest, but I don't have my higher-level characters forge rings/amulets/smith arts.

I did have about 25-30 runes read into my Grand Invigoration (only one buff used at low levels, for keeping the flame wave at a respectable regeneration time), and having Incendiery Shower modded for Stun to be able to handle the bosses easier.

If you just want to grind out a few levels, I feel Loco's advice is very good. The Kobolds go down quick, and there is LOTS of them! They re-spawn fairly quickly, and there aren't too many places where you can get cornered easily (although Shadow Step solves that problem, if you do get surrounded).

After that, the skeleton mobs between Thylisium and the Human region are good for grinding - but they hurt a lot more, and it is easy to die if you aren't careful. There is a forum topic entitled "Kat's Pyromancer-elf hunting grounds" that is AWESOME for grinding in the Elf region. I'm not sure how to make a link to the topic, maybe one of the moderators (or another helpful person!) can so it's easy to find.

The side-quests in the game are tricky to use for levelling. I do suggest learning them on the easier difficulties, as there are quite a few that can be done quickly, with enough experience that you aren't "wasting" time. On the higher difficulties, they actually become faster than killing enemies, but maybe that is because I focus on a balanced toon rather than having lots of damage capability. :bounce:

Sorry I can't help you with the talking with other players, I am internetless. :yawn:

Happy Hunting!

Kat's Pyromancer build Flame on!

Basically you find the topic you wanna linkand open it. in your address bar at the end it will stay something like topic= XXXXXXX, where XXX is the topic number in our forum. The return to your post and select from the insert special items drop box the insert topic link. enter the topic number into the ID box and then a description in to the other. and whalah!

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=10072

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12083

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=10049

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=8951

I've tried everything in all of those threads, on top of doing boss runs(Grunwald port to Wild Boar killing everything on the way; El-Darrag, free xp for port, follow-up quest to kill 20 sandmen on the way to Holos; Archaeologist camp port killing everything on the way to Kral).

In the end it's not so much about the absolute best xp spot for me but instead it's about what type of grind will keep me interested in grinding. Most nights it's the orc cave because you don't have to focus too much on what you're doing(I watch a lot of TV while grinding levels), sometimes it's just going somewhere else looking to mix it up, see how big of a pull I can make, open up some of the map, sometimes I just want to see if I can upgrade a piece or two of gear so I do the boss run a couple of times.

200 levels...I don't think anyone has the patience to sit in one exact spot for that long without burning out on the game, so as the saying goes:

Variety is the spice of life.

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=10072

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12083

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=10049

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=8951

I've tried everything in all of those threads, on top of doing boss runs(Grunwald port to Wild Boar killing everything on the way; El-Darrag, free xp for port, follow-up quest to kill 20 sandmen on the way to Holos; Archaeologist camp port killing everything on the way to Kral).

In the end it's not so much about the absolute best xp spot for me but instead it's about what type of grind will keep me interested in grinding. Most nights it's the orc cave because you don't have to focus too much on what you're doing(I watch a lot of TV while grinding levels), sometimes it's just going somewhere else looking to mix it up, see how big of a pull I can make, open up some of the map, sometimes I just want to see if I can upgrade a piece or two of gear so I do the boss run a couple of times.

200 levels...I don't think anyone has the patience to sit in one exact spot for that long without burning out on the game, so as the saying goes:

Variety is the spice of life.

From the little knowledge I have accumulated through playing 4 characters through gold and to level 70+, the SWAMP is the "best" place to get XP if you can kill fast and safe there. The Ogre cave is pretty good as well if you don't mind going back and forth over and over. My Xbox seems to get bogged down though when I do this and when I get hit with a cold spell my guy gets slow and never speeds back up. LOL We tried to farm the bosses at the end of the game but that can be a disaster since you naturally become more and more careless when you farm it over and over.

I guess I will chime in here as well. I like leveling off the Kobolds during the early levels as well then moving onto the undead. While most quests do not give you a lot of experience, I like going out of my way to do the undead legion line of quests because not only do you get xp for the quests (a lot of xp for the last 2 or 3 steps) but also a lot of xp for all of the undead you need to kill to complete these quests. After moving into the human realm I like to rush to the orc territory and orc cave specifically. You can build up some serious xp there while exploring the map.

As far as talking to other players, the only way is joining their games or having people you know who are playing to chat with. I had the benefit of haing some of my Call of Duty clan members taking a break from that to play this but I am the only one who really stuck with it. Now I got my father to start playing too about a week ago. If you ever are looking to do some multiplayer or need advice, my gamertag is SNS MAJOR.

Edited by SNS Major