Multiplayer on xbox

I cant figure out how to make the multiplayer game progress multiple players campaigns at the same time. Even when starting a character as an online game, if we invite others in only the original persons campaign progresses, which makes me think it is just the single player coop from the PC version.

Anyone know how to play an actual multiplayer campaign on the xbox? If so, please explain :)

playing with 4 of us and not looking forward to doing campaign 4 times for each level :D

I cant figure out how to make the multiplayer game progress multiple players campaigns at the same time. Even when starting a character as an online game, if we invite others in only the original persons campaign progresses, which makes me think it is just the single player coop from the PC version.

Anyone know how to play an actual multiplayer campaign on the xbox? If so, please explain :)

playing with 4 of us and not looking forward to doing campaign 4 times for each level :D

The player with the least progress has to host the server. if you join a game already started that is more advanced than yours you will not save your camp. so if there is a member in your group that hasn't started the camp yet, that's the person that should host.

ps. that means anyone that has already started will go back to the beginning and all will save together

The player with the least progress has to host the server. if you join a game already started that is more advanced than yours you will not save your camp. so if there is a member in your group that hasn't started the camp yet, that's the person that should host.

ps. that means anyone that has already started will go back to the beginning and all will save together

That isnt working for us, how do you start the game to have that work? We are having a person do the "continue campaign" option with the game set for online, but it isnt advancing anyones campaign except the player that made the game. For example this weekend we had a player host the game that had only done the campaign up through crossing into the human lands (the exact same spot my character had completed and behind the other two players) the next person fathest behind had just killed the Gar Colossus and in the game we went up through killing the octopus boss and then we called it a night. My character was still back at the place I started in, so having just crossed the wall into human lands and the person that had gone up through killing the Colossus was back to where they had been in the campaign as well.

When I looked at my character select it showed my Campaign progress at where I got to in the multiplayer game, but when I hit "Continue" it moved my Campaign back to where it was before the multiplayer game.

The options under Start Game are:

Create Game

Quick Match

Custom Match

We have only used the Create Game option, is it one of the other two that we have to use?

Edited by deathmaster35

That isnt working for us, how do you start the game to have that work? We are having a person do the "continue campaign" option with the game set for online, but it isnt advancing anyones campaign except the player that made the game. For example this weekend we had a player host the game that had only done the campaign up through crossing into the human lands (the exact same spot my character had completed and behind the other two players) the next person fathest behind had just killed the Gar Colossus and in the game we went up through killing the octopus boss and then we called it a night. My character was still back at the place I started in, so having just crossed the wall into human lands and the person that had gone up through killing the Colossus was back to where they had been in the campaign as well.

When I looked at my character select it showed my Campaign progress at where I got to in the multiplayer game, but when I hit "Continue" it moved my Campaign back to where it was before the multiplayer game.

Create Game

Quick Match

Custom Match

We have only used the Create Game option, is it one of the other two that we have to use?

Now that you mention it, when I played camp with my friend John on Live, I was always the one who hosted. So we always continued from last save point. Now that you mention it I think you are right about the individual saves. If you complete the camp though all three should be able to advance to next level. I think......

Create Game

Quick Match

Custom Match

Now that you mention it, when I played camp with my friend John on Live, I was always the one who hosted. So we always continued from last save point. Now that you mention it I think you are right about the individual saves. If you complete the camp though all three should be able to advance to next level. I think......

Ummmm, don't think so. My wife and I are having to do every single part of the campaign twice and since we both started together at level 1 with nothing done, I can say for certain that it does NOT count for both. She has her own gold account by the way and it still does not work. So if there are 4 of you prepare to do it 4 times. Its probably my biggest issue with this game as doing it 4 times will make you start to DESPISE parts of the game which are a shame. At the very least they should make it so you can quickly just hop to the end bosses and get through it but they don't. Its almost like they purposely did this to make it different then diablo 2 in that way.

well there is no campain advancement for guests, Atleast on the xbox. I cant speak from experience for the ps3. but there is notable glitch to move on to gold or platinum on your campain. this glitch is most useful if you have a character in silver but dont want to move through each campain manually. just join a campain at gold or platinum, platinum is the best way to go since it unlocks all difficultys when completed, but once you join, complete any random quest then save and quit. from the start screen choose continue and you should start your campain on the difficulty you were previously on. note that you will have finish this campain before playing a diffrent one. I.e. helping your friend on his campain on silver. once you complete it you will access to the next campain difficulty and all others beneth. by doing this on platinum you can bypass gold all together. Again excuss my grammer.

well there is no campain advancement for guests, Atleast on the xbox. I cant speak from experience for the ps3. but there is notable glitch to move on to gold or platinum on your campain. this glitch is most useful if you have a character in silver but dont want to move through each campain manually. just join a campain at gold or platinum, platinum is the best way to go since it unlocks all difficultys when completed, but once you join, complete any random quest then save and quit. from the start screen choose continue and you should start your campain on the difficulty you were previously on. note that you will have finish this campain before playing a diffrent one. I.e. helping your friend on his campain on silver. once you complete it you will access to the next campain difficulty and all others beneth. by doing this on platinum you can bypass gold all together. Again excuss my grammer.

You can join games of higher difficulty than you normally have access to? Or are you meaning two players on the same box?

edit: Got my answer today, finished on silver with 4 of us, the person we finished for started a new gold came and was able to invite all of us. And we are able to choose continue like you said to get to play gold, but lack the ability to start a new game at gold and can not invite other players.

Edited by deathmaster35