Quest glitches with "Tutorial Blacksmith" and "Kobold Chieftan"

Ok so here I am again asking about this game and I am seriously considering taking the thing back to the store and saying it didn't work. Now I have not one but two new problems that seem to be glitches. First I made it to the town of Thylysium when I realized I had some old quest that needed finished. So I went all the way back to do them. The first quest was "Tutorial Blacksmith" which for some unexplained reason I cannot finish because I need to go back to the smith's shop to talk to Michel but he isn't there. Not only that but the small round icon that appears on the map to tell me where to go next for a quest isn't there either, even when I activate the quest. When I bring up the quest on the log it gives me no info on where to go. Secondly and this is stranger, the Kobold Chieftain quest cannot be completed as well because no matter how many times I hit him or with which weapon, he take 0 damage. From my understanding the Kobold Chieftain is supposed to be easy.

:Edit Well the glitches seemed to have corrected themselves. After discovering yet another glitch. This time the quest "The last Drop" was putting the white circle on the map at some cave with spiders (not the basement) and after exploring the cave a bit I came back out and the white circle for he quest had moved to it's proper location, at the same time I noticed the white circle for the quest "Tutorial Blacksmith" reappear on the map so I'm going now to check on it, then it's back to the Kobold Chieftain.

Edited by jedi1josh

Hey jedi1josh!

I see a couple of posts that sound like your struggling to get Sacred2 figured out. I have been in my car driving for 6 hours straight from Pittsburgh to Indianapolis and just now got to where I can try to help you out.

I love the comparison to the Sexy girlfriend that thinks Fleetwood Mac is a new burger and McD's. And that is exactly what a lot of new players think sometimes. But, the truth is just the opposite. this girl knows everything there is to know about Fleetwood Mac, but she isn't gonna just give it up without you spending a little time to get to know her. And she likes burgers as much as anybody, but would rather see you go the the grocery store and do some shopping, then make a meal from scratch and put a little love into it.

One thing I have noticed is a lot of Console players list bugs in the bug thread that really aren't bugs, but more like annoyances. Let me start by explaining that Sacred is a PC game ported over for Console. it is a Client / Server application from the start. And so its not unusually to see a few hiccups on Console that are more geared to stand alone applications with online connectivity. So yeah there are some issues that are difficult to explain but all in all I found the Console Game very playable.

So, one of your problems was returning to a half finished quest and finding it broken. This happens once in a while and I have found that usually I am at fault for the break. the blacksmith tut is a good example. If you go to the cave and kill the bandits and then leave the cave without picking up Michel's Ring. you basically will break the quest. the log says to return to him in Sloeford. But without his Ring in hand the quest can't proceed to the next step. I don't know if that is what happened or not but... it's an example of how not to leave a quest half done.

The Chieftain is another story. if you meet a brand new player that says the chieftain was easy,they either got lucky or are lying to you. and an experienced player that says he is easy is one that has learned enough about the game either from experience or from reading here that the Chieftain has very high resistance to phys damage and he eats fire for breakfast. try a magic, poison or my fav a ice attack. and if you are below level 15 and trying to take the chieftain for the first time. you are probably not prepared for him.

I can go on and on. my point basically is this game have layers of complexity. I can boast having played about 2000 hours in this game, but every time I turn it on I learn something new. I am finally after dozens of character, able to build a halfway decent build. So I understand if this game isn't your kind of fun, but give it some time, read as much as you can. and I recommend for your first build to follow a guide written by one of your master tooners. it gives you a chance to learn alot about the game.

good Luck and hope to see your posts here at Dark Matters

Michael isn't in the blacksmith shop anymore (at least on the ps3 version) he is in a house in the town a little ways away and instead of being circles he comes up as just a exclamation mark. The cheiftain is no where near easy, it took me and a friend approximately 10 minutes of constant beating last night to get him halfway before giving up.

Hope this helps