Faster way for Local Coop trading?

Anyone know of a better/faster local coop trading way? It's so difficult to trade in local co-op mode.

You have to be both logged in, which takes awhile to setup, since only one person can login at once.

Are you trying to trade from completely different characters (on different accounts) or just during couch co-op play?

If couch co-op, there are something like three different loot drop settings. One of the three allows both people to pick everything up, I think. With the others, it should let the other player pick up loot drops after a minute(?) or so of waiting (which is a ridiculously long time). Basically, you're just going to have to monitor loot drops with the left stick (dunno if it's still left stick on the PS3 or not, depending on which version you're in).

Yeah, couch co-op sucks. Oh, and to change the loot pickup setting, I think the second player needs to exit and reenter the existing game.

It's been a while since I last played couch co-op (sometime in September, I want to say), so I could be misremembering some of this, and there might be a faster way. (Are you sure you can't both be logged in at once?)

Anyone know of a better/faster local coop trading way? It's so difficult to trade in local co-op mode.

You have to be both logged in, which takes awhile to setup, since only one person can login at once.

Are you trying to trade from completely different characters (on different accounts) or just during couch co-op play?

If couch co-op, there are something like three different loot drop settings. One of the three allows both people to pick everything up, I think. With the others, it should let the other player pick up loot drops after a minute(?) or so of waiting (which is a ridiculously long time). Basically, you're just going to have to monitor loot drops with the left stick (dunno if it's still left stick on the PS3 or not, depending on which version you're in).

Yeah, couch co-op sucks. Oh, and to change the loot pickup setting, I think the second player needs to exit and reenter the existing game.

It's been a while since I last played couch co-op (sometime in September, I want to say), so I could be misremembering some of this, and there might be a faster way. (Are you sure you can't both be logged in at once?)

Loot setting doesn't seem to work. The only way we have been able to do it was for my wife to join my game in co-op, log completely off, then for me to join her game. It works in reserve order as well.

It seems that only player 2 gets authenticated online (even for a coop), so rotating accounts will get both players authenticated as player 2.

I'm wondering if there is an easier way if we both use characters from the same account instead of playing co-op from 2 different accounts.