What's the difference between Campaign and Freeworld?

The campaign mode will let you play your character through the Sacred 2 storyline and also complete a lot of side quests on the way.

Your character and items and quest progress along the way will be saved.

A free game doesn't have the main campaign quest but has access to all the side quests.

Your quest progress is not saved but your character progress and items are.

For single players I recommend you at least once play the campaign game just to see the storyline.

However playing the campaign game online can be of benefit too because when you finish the campaign you can go to the next difficulty level regardless of your characters level.

If you play online then free games are usually better because people can just join you and you can fight together on any quests.

If you create a online campaign game then you will be limited on what quests you can play together as you both need to be at the same stage in the game.

If that all sounds confusing I do apologise....its 1am here and I should be in bed.

beating campaign gives you access to higher difficulty and has some unique sidequests n character quests like the Shadow Warrior's dragons he fights

free world is basically your looting and polluting as you can freely hunt bosses/minibosses w/o story progression so usually if you get stuck on campaign go to free world kill the easier bosses get some nice gear and head back to your campaign and wreak havoc.. unlike campaign mode the bosses&quests respawn everytime you create a freeworld

so if you wanted two boneslicers from undead legion quest u can refresh your free world and start it again&again until uve had your fill

hope that helps, Couze