Skill Choices For Astral Lord Shadow Warrior

I was following a guide in the forums for a AS Shadow Warrior and he had enhanced perception listed as one of the skills, for the time being I skipped it and went on down the line till im down to my last two choices, If I decide to go with enhanced perception I have to spend the other slot on another skill (riding will probably be best) to get to enhanced perception... ill list my skills and levels to give you a general idea of how ive build my character.

Character Level is 42

Astral Lord Lore - 42

Astral Lord Focus - 42

Concentration - 20

Armor Lore - 10

Tactics Lore - 9

Dual Wield - 1

Malevolent Champion Focus - 1

Ancient Magic - 10

Now, ive modded Shadow Veil to become a permanent Buff and its 100% chance to stay hidden while casting a spell.. so I dont think anything extra for armor is needed (maybe?)

The Way hes built now im taking down the Orc Cave in gold like a champ (my regen times are high but they even out with the time spent in the cave) I just wanna be able to say "Hey, ive got that extra edge"

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Edited by ViolentR
I was following a guide in the forums for a AS Shadow Warrior and he had enhanced perception listed as one of the skills, for the time being I skipped it and went on down the line till im down to my last two choices, If I decide to go with enhanced perception I have to spend the other slot on another skill (riding will probably be best) to get to enhanced perception... ill list my skills and levels to give you a general idea of how ive build my character.

Character Level is 42

Astral Lord Lore - 42

Astral Lord Focus - 42

Concentration - 20

Armor Lore - 10

Tactics Lore - 9

Dual Wield - 1

Malevolent Champion Focus - 1

Ancient Magic - 10

Now, ive modded Shadow Veil to become a permanent Buff and its 100% chance to stay hidden while casting a spell.. so I dont think anything extra for armor is needed (maybe?)

The Way hes built now im taking down the Orc Cave in gold like a champ (my regen times are high but they even out with the time spent in the cave) I just wanna be able to say "Hey, ive got that extra edge"

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Okay lets start off with:

1) Riding is fine just dump 5 points into it which will unlock EP (Dont Pick Black Smith)

2) You can pump armor lore but I would not this early in the game.

3) You did not have to spend more than 5 points in Tatics Lore it wa sonly for you to get D/W

Now questions for you:

1) What regn times are you talking about? plus post what Combat Arts your using along with how many runes you have read this will help out.

2) Concentration are you going for 3 buffs or only 2 (Shadow Viel and NA)? If you are only going to use the both of them then dont spend anymore skills but if your going to use 3 Reflective Buff from Malevolent Champion Skills then you have to take it to 75.

3) If your skellies are doing all of the damage while you are in the Shadows you should put points into Malevolent Champion Focus to Mod the Combat Arts your using then stop puting points into unless your going for the three buffs.

4) EP and Orc Cave equals alot of uniques and set items so I would suggest to get EP and level it as fast as you can but keep the Astral Lord Focus and Lore at your Level.

Okay, so far here's what I've got... (as I cant play a.t.m to list skills ill give you a figure of what I've got)

Im using a combo in the cave of Skeletal Fortification (25ish) and Augmenting Guidon (10) (only using the combo if the skeles are damaging) Nether Alliance (34)

Depending on what difficulty I'm in I can also just get by with the SF.

The Times I'm reffering to are the cast times before shadow veil (25 runes but 27+ after equipment) and after (For my combo).

eventually I am planning to do the three buffs, (NA, SV, and RE) so the points into concentration are just whenever I feel the need to add a few. (altho once I get it to 75 im going to lay off for awhile to see how it works)

I did decide to go with EP as I seen the effects of what a couple of weapons with extra chances have placed in

I also came up with the solution to my regen problem since ive got dual wield im using 2 single handed staffs with -to combat art regen.

Other than that, ive managed to make it to level 50, and platinum, and now I cant seem to find a place to level (it seems my experience from gold orcs are capped at 3,021 xp and have been for several levels).

And to answer the questions about tactics lore. What I did was when I was adding the initial points to get to D/W I went ahead to 9 to mod a complete art in both malevolent focus and the top skill tree (As the name skips me right now).

I put a few points into armor lore since I was in gold way sooner then I felt I should have been so I did it to get the extra def. and have laid off since.

Maybe I answered all your questions... anything else and ill be more than glad to reply as I really need the help.

Thanks alot.

Edited by ViolentR

What level are you now being in Plat.? You could the level gold just have to find a good spot to net experience. I like to run the Pass (Demons and Aliens) from the Waypoint to where your about to enter to work your way down to the Guardians. Do you have alot of your sockets filled with experience.?

53 in Plat. and the gear I have on actually doesnt have sockets as most of it is + to skills so I can keep my regen times down, I have weapons with some xp gear on them but other then that none...