Sacred 2 on a Macbook....?

I've been spending a lot of time at home lately... keep thinking about breaking down and purchasing the PC version of this game just so I can join in on the community aspect a little more. Think a unibody Macbook could handle Sacred 2? 2 Gigs of ram, 2.0 Ghz dual core, 256 on-board video? ...maybe? Is there a demo somewhere that I can download to give this a shot?

Edit: Just did some digging on the Internets. :) Found the demo and the system requirements ... looks like I just barely squeak by on the reqs. How accurate are these, in everyones experience?

Edited by Scrappy McSlap

You MIGHT be lucky. The on board video is what is going to give you the most problems, I would imagine.

Did you try the demo? I'd be interested to know.

Just finished downloading it, actually. I'm going to wait until morning to install it... :) Hopefully it runs well. Not sure how the two games compare, but I ran Oblivion on my macbook on medium settings without any issues. So maybe this game will work too? Hope so.

Edit: Too impatient to wait! I installed it, ran it... was running fine then Windows blue-screened and rebooted on me. Nice. So yeah. So much for that.

On a related note, I had forgotten just how spoiled we console users are. It took upwards of 10 minutes to install the demo on my mac, with multiple *yes, I want to do that* inputs from me! Sheesh... on console, we download it, it finishes downloading and then asks us if we want to play it. Press the green button and it loads. Easy as pie! I might even have to do a video just to see how many levels I can gain in the time it takes the demo to install on a PC haha!

Anyways, presumably my issue is either driver related or memory related (virtual, presumably. My harddrive is almost completely full for that partition.) I'll take another crack at it in the morning! :)

Edited by Scrappy McSlap
Just finished downloading it, actually. I'm going to wait until morning to install it... :) Hopefully it runs well. Not sure how the two games compare, but I ran Oblivion on my macbook on medium settings without any issues. So maybe this game will work too? Hope so.

Edit: Too impatient to wait! I installed it, ran it... was running fine then Windows blue-screened and rebooted on me. Nice. So yeah. So much for that.

On a related note, I had forgotten just how spoiled we console users are. It took upwards of 10 minutes to install the demo on my mac, with multiple *yes, I want to do that* inputs from me! Sheesh... on console, we download it, it finishes downloading and then asks us if we want to play it. Press the green button and it loads. Easy as pie! I might even have to do a video just to see how many levels I can gain in the time it takes the demo to install on a PC haha!

Anyways, presumably my issue is either driver related or memory related (virtual, presumably. My harddrive is almost completely full for that partition.) I'll take another crack at it in the morning! :)

Good luck, Scrappy!

As a computer-less person, I have thought about it, and decided that if I ever get one, it would be a Mac. They have one in our Staff Cafe to use, and I think that would be the choice for me, just from using Windows in my everyday work, and using the Mac sometimes to post here.

AFAIK, there shouldn't be any issues because it's a Mac, but I'm not sure.....

Good luck, Scrappy!

As a computer-less person, I have thought about it, and decided that if I ever get one, it would be a Mac. They have one in our Staff Cafe to use, and I think that would be the choice for me, just from using Windows in my everyday work, and using the Mac sometimes to post here.

AFAIK, there shouldn't be any issues because it's a Mac, but I'm not sure.....

No, it's almost definitely driver related. I can run the game through Parallels in Mac OS using my Bootcamp partition and it doesn't crash at all... go figure. :)