Silver to Niob?

Ok, I know for one as a ps3 user all of the threads about speed camping a level 1 from silver to niob looks very tempting... my question is can it be done on Ps3 and if so how

Ok, I know for one as a ps3 user all of the threads about speed camping a level 1 from silver to niob looks very tempting... my question is can it be done on Ps3 and if so how

I haven't really kept up on that discussion, but from what I gather it is a trick to get a low-level toon into Niob difficulty for shopping.

Not playing!

For console, I don't know about the quest transfer trick because I play offline, but I know how to accomplish this for us!

It requres you have a second profile set up, such as if you were playing couch co-op. I'll make an example just to clarify things:

Most users will have only one profile to start. Probably, you've taken a toon into a higher difficulty, maybe even Niob (I definitely suggest defeating Platinum and having Niob access on the first profile, but having access only to Gold or Platinum is OK, too)

Preparations: You need 2 controllers! And a second "profile" set up from your consoles' main menu. I suggest for scenario 1 toons, they are played some to get cash, since higher-difficulty merchants items are more expensive.

Now, there can be 2 scenarios:

1) you want to start a new toon, but don't want/need any items from your player chest.

2) you realize you want to play a different toon, but you don't want to play the second profile because of the good stuff you've put into your player chest.

For scenario 1, it's easiest, because you just load up your first profile in the highest difficluty. I suggest starting a Free World (offline) game because all 3 of the Start Island merchants AND the player chest all fit on one screen. Now, press start on the second controller, and load up your new toon. Now, you are shopping in Niob at level 1 (or whatever)! The only issue here is you won't have any money to buy anything, so I suggest that the new toon is played a little before doing this to get some $$.

For scenario 2, it gets somewhat more tricky!

You must have NOT completed the difficulty you want to shop in. So a toon that has completed Niob campaign cannot be used to cheat the second profile toon into Niob. You will have to get to a step in the main campaign (I suggest it's at a point where you talk to someone in a town/safe area, not a fighting quest). NOW, create a character on your second profile. Any toon, it doesn't matter if you will ever use this toon or profile (other than console shopping). Now, you complete one "schwing" of the main quest (ie talking to Losiliath, etc) and the secondprofile toon can "leave" the game.

The next step is to quit Sacred game from console main menu, and load up the second profile, and re-start Sacred. The new (2nd profile) level 1 toon will have the "Continue" button lit up, but it will start a "new game" BUT IN THE DIFFICULTY YOU CREATED THEM IN! Having good knowledge of the first stage of the game is very important here, since some toons have an automatic fight right at the start, and you will need to be "prepared": to run, or load up the high-level toon from profile 1 to take care of business.

Completing the first step of the campaign for the second profile toon is essential, since the toon will spawn at the start area instead of activated resurrection monoliths if you have not done that. You can use the high-level 1st profile toon to teleport to the town you want to shop in, making sure that the second profile toon activates the resurrection monolith (so prevent forgetting :)

NOW, we're ready to create the new toon on the first profile and start shopping! Just quit game with high-level 1st profile toon and load up your new (low-level 1st profile) toon.

BUT here is the best trick: to re-set the merchants, you do not have to teleport away to another town! Just leave the game with the new toon and re-join. Instant re-set for merchants.

Enjoy!

I see what your getting at, and it all works out good, but ive got another question to pose..

I have a 77 voodoo dryad that was in gold this morning, I got to looking (online) threw the game servers of others, and found a platinum server... I tried to enter once and failed, so I thought it was impossible to do (little did I know it was just the console version playing tricks) upon a second time I entered, and actually did part of the main quest to force my game to save.

upon exiting like you said I got the continue to light up, and so did my eyes thinking I had cracked the code, when I did, I restarted in a new campaign (much like you said) anyways, I started this campaign thinking that I could eventually make a free world room in platinum for leveling/shopping (which I cant do, im still only able to create bronze/silver/gold).

so heres what I wonder... lets say I run threw and complete the main story line all the way to the guardians (this toon is quite capable actually) and eventually defeat them... Will it unlock Niob? or will it somehow bug my character forcing me to go back to gold and possibly have to redo platinum also?

I see what your getting at, and it all works out good, but ive got another question to pose..

I have a 77 voodoo dryad that was in gold this morning, I got to looking (online) threw the game servers of others, and found a platinum server... I tried to enter once and failed, so I thought it was impossible to do (little did I know it was just the console version playing tricks) upon a second time I entered, and actually did part of the main quest to force my game to save.

upon exiting like you said I got the continue to light up, and so did my eyes thinking I had cracked the code, when I did, I restarted in a new campaign (much like you said) anyways, I started this campaign thinking that I could eventually make a free world room in platinum for leveling/shopping (which I cant do, im still only able to create bronze/silver/gold).

so heres what I wonder... lets say I run threw and complete the main story line all the way to the guardians (this toon is quite capable actually) and eventually defeat them... Will it unlock Niob? or will it somehow bug my character forcing me to go back to gold and possibly have to redo platinum also?

Good question. I was going to test it (maybe I did, but don't remember 8\). Go for it and let us know! You CANNOT start a free world game until you have completed the previous difficulty, that is for sure. But I've cheated a toon into Platinum, and then repeated after unlocking Niob, so I believe it will work. Just no free world or PvP.

I don't play online so I don't know if it'll act all buggy on you, or w/e. If you're worried, just complete Gold (don't bother grinding your way, just run to boss, smash, and move on if you think you're powerful enough).

Good question. I was going to test it (maybe I did, but don't remember 8\). Go for it and let us know! You CANNOT start a free world game until you have completed the previous difficulty, that is for sure. But I've cheated a toon into Platinum, and then repeated after unlocking Niob, so I believe it will work. Just no free world or PvP.

I don't play online so I don't know if it'll act all buggy on you, or w/e. If you're worried, just complete Gold (don't bother grinding your way, just run to boss, smash, and move on if you think you're powerful enough).

Ok im at the last boss of platinum now, ive already taken out 3 of the 4 and I got back on here to check... I still havent completed gold, but im going to attempt it anyways.. I dont see where it could mess me up entirely, though it does pose a threat

Correction, it doesnt mess my game up in fact I can actually create free world/pvp rooms for platinum now also... so it wasnt a complete loss... although it still isnt a good way to camp for us ps3 users.

Edited by ViolentR

now every1 knows my way of making a low level niob game all ya have to do w/ this set up is beat platinum and your in and able to play online no need to spend 20 hours doing Silver gold plat I love this. being able to have a niob bargainer every 20-30 levels is nice not to mention an Extra chest to hold all the low level gear so you dont have to scroll through all your high level gear before you get to the item you want I have 1 profile with my 95& up and the other from 15-90 this works great for having wearable all skills at level 15 w/ +3 to all skills and relics+4 so easy to have high Enhanced Perception&barg and the Mods on Items are Golden

**edit**

yes beating platinum unlocks all difficulties though you can still run your other campaign you could have a Shadow veil warrior with low level letting your 2nd profile do all the killing and be in Niob for practically nothing I do this with all my dryads for power leveling.

Edited by Couze
now every1 knows my way of making a low level niob game all ya have to do w/ this set up is beat platinum and your in

Heh. That's it! Still need a good toon to beat Platinum, no matter what. Of course, with Online, I don't even think you need a good toon to get Niob access? Just use the campaign transfer!

now every1 knows my way of making a low level niob game all ya have to do w/ this set up is beat platinum and your in

Heh. That's it! Still need a good toon to beat Platinum, no matter what. Of course, with Online, I don't even think you need a good toon to get Niob access? Just use the campaign transfer!

Indeed but I find it easy because I already have multiple high levels to socket rare gems for me so have a level 25-35 with proper skill choices& best armor possible and having generous HP rings all skills and damage rings with some artemarks stars it can be done early on though I dont recommend trying this as an intermediate or Novice player proper Combat Art modding remedies alot of issues having 20k HP and 10k armor at level 35 with 90 SB% and CTH@ 80-90%, yea I try to do it for those who cant campaign transfer. gotta be able to join/create Niob 1st