How does Vitality work (per level hp boost or static boost to hp)?

Hi, everyone. Just picked up Sacred 2, and have been horsing around on it this past week on the console.

Decided to keep it simple and go with a Shadow Warrior. Because I did not/do not know what I'm doing, I haven't committed ANY points to anything, though I have swallowed more than a few runes. Now that I've gotten to level 12 just horsing around, I'm wondering if I need to scrap and start all over or whether I should just start allocating attribute and skill points now.

My big concern is: since I haven't allocated any attribute points at this point, have I permanently ripped myself off of hps from Vitality?

(1) In other words, if someone allocates 1 point to their vitality at, say, level 5. Then but someone else doesn't allocate that 1 point to vitality until level 10.

At level 10 do they have the same number of hps or does the first person have more hps because they had the advantage of a higher vitality for level transitions 5 through 10?

Am I making sense?

(2) Also, have been quickly persuing the guides. If I'm playing cooperatively with a friend who is a High Elf, any recommendations on build?

They seem to fall under the categories:

-Ranged

-Dual Wield

-Astral Lord General

-Tank

The Astral Lord General seems cool, but I really like to get my hands dirty, and I think the High Elf might be better equipped for mobs, I should focus on boss control. But in this game, it seems mob control is essential anyway.

(3) At what point have I messed up on my unallocated level 13 Shadow Warrior by eating runes? I understand (at this point) that eating Buff runes is basically penalty free. But I've been eating them as they show up. I have at least one in everything, which I think is just fine. But a couple of them, I can't remember which, are as high as, gasp, 3! If those boosted Combat Arts turn out not to be essential to whatever build I decide to go with, is the regeneration penalty I've incurred by boosting nonapplicable combat arts through aggressive rune ingestion a big deal at this point?

I just want to know if I need to start over at this point (and whether one should generally spend ATTRIBUTE points as soon as acquired or whether one can hold off, like with Skill points, as necessary).

Thanks for any help!

Hope this post helps others.

-TF

Hi, everyone. Just picked up Sacred 2, and have been horsing around on it this past week on the console.

Decided to keep it simple and go with a Shadow Warrior. Because I did not/do not know what I'm doing, I haven't committed ANY points to anything, though I have swallowed more than a few runes. Now that I've gotten to level 12 just horsing around, I'm wondering if I need to scrap and start all over or whether I should just start allocating attribute and skill points now.

My big concern is: since I haven't allocated any attribute points at this point, have I permanently ripped myself off of hps from Vitality?

(1) In other words, if someone allocates 1 point to their vitality at, say, level 5. Then but someone else doesn't allocate that 1 point to vitality until level 10.

At level 10 do they have the same number of hps or does the first person have more hps because they had the advantage of a higher vitality for level transitions 5 through 10?

Am I making sense?

(2) Also, have been quickly persuing the guides. If I'm playing cooperatively with a friend who is a High Elf, any recommendations on build?

-Ranged

-Dual Wield

-Astral Lord General

-Tank

The Astral Lord General seems cool, but I really like to get my hands dirty, and I think the High Elf might be better equipped for mobs, I should focus on boss control. But in this game, it seems mob control is essential anyway.

(3) At what point have I messed up on my unallocated level 13 Shadow Warrior by eating runes? I understand (at this point) that eating Buff runes is basically penalty free. But I've been eating them as they show up. I have at least one in everything, which I think is just fine. But a couple of them, I can't remember which, are as high as, gasp, 3! If those boosted Combat Arts turn out not to be essential to whatever build I decide to go with, is the regeneration penalty I've incurred by boosting nonapplicable combat arts through aggressive rune ingestion a big deal at this point?

I just want to know if I need to start over at this point (and whether one should generally spend ATTRIBUTE points as soon as acquired or whether one can hold off, like with Skill points, as necessary).

Thanks for any help!

-TF

Welcome RK!

You are in good hands here. Thanks for posting.

Attributescan be studied a little here. Basically each character starts out with a set number in each attribute. with each level that goes up by a percentage of the base. adding points to an attribute raises the "level" by one. so your level 10 example both characters would be equal.

As for spend no points until level 12 you have not committed to anything with this build so actually you have a level 12 blank slate. the nice thing is you can choose your first 5 skills in any order or priority you like.

If you want to play coop with a HE you will need a strategy. HE are slow to get started and will mature into mob killing machines later. the Shadow Warrior will start stronger an can take many shapes but I thing a boss killer to protect your HE seems a good idea. Both characters have many strengths that can help each other.

I am more of a HE player than a Shadow Warrior player so I hesitate to recommend a guide for you but there are many in the guides section that will work. I recommend a duel wield malevolent champion.

As for runes you haven't invested too many yet however. runes are a double edged sword. they raise the Combat Art level of a particular Combat Art but it does come with penalty. even the Buffs have a regen penalty. ideally you will want to reduce your regens to a point where you can cast them continuously. So it is almost always recommended to keep them at level 1 for the first levels until your skill choices begin to shape the build and then add runes where they are best suited.

Take a look at the guides and once you make your choice we can help you through the learning curve.

Welcome again!

Hi ho!

Just a few comments

first - most people advice is not to eat more than 1 runs for anything other than buffs, or combat arts that have a duration+ Cooldown

So for shadow warrior, I would not worry if you have eaten runes in something like Rousing Command, or Reflective Emanation. Eating runes in something like...Frenzied Rampage, which you are mean to spam over and over, is not recommened.

Shadow Warrior does not have aby real boss control combat arts. There is the "numb" mod on sything sweep that has a small chance to stun, but nothing which slows attacks, or locks down movement. Your best bet would be to bolster the more fragile high elf with your party friendly buff spells, while drawing aggro with dual weild, and reflective emanation

So, here is my build recommendation

2- Armor Lore

3- Tactics Lore

5- Dual Weild

8- Concentration

12- Malevolent Champion Focus

18- Death Warrior Focus

25- Toughess

35-Open

50- Constitution

65-Open

That leaves two open slots, which you could go a ton of ways on. I'm going to propose 3.

The finder:

Alchemy, Enhanced Perception

Since you are on Xbox, blacksmithing is of no use to you, so choose alchemy to make you XP potions last longer, and your regular potions heal more.

Then grab Enhanced Perception to find more good stuff

The tank:

Spell resistance - to take the bite out of combat arts used against you

Riding - more HP/Defese + free life (When you get low on health the mount dies first

Random, but interesting

Divine devotion - there are a number of gos who are fun to play when you can use this power more often

Testa, Lumen, Forens

Weapon Lore - Since you are looking to beat down bosses, taking weapons lore to unlock specific weapon powers would be cool. Hafted weapons have a chance to stun, so spamming Combat Arts with dual weilding hafted might be a great back door for boss control.

Wow! Thanks for the fast response. I'll start working on the DualWield/MalChamp build. Sounds like fun. Hopefully didn't eat too many runes but will go on an immediate rune diet and work on bringing those regen times down. Thanks ESP for the tip on not overly ingesting buff runes. That was counterintuitive to me because I thought the high regen time on a buff would be offset by the prolonged duration. Oh well.

Now to choose a build! Gotta love dual wielding. Glad I read about the nonstacking of sword skill bonus and dual wield bonus. That is if you dual wield you shouldn't choose blade wpns skill (and I guess hafted too? Though most axes are twohanders in this game seemingly). Though gotta tell you at least at this level, the skel warrior astrl lord buff really housecleans well.

Am I making sense?

-Ranged

-Dual Wield

-Astral Lord General

-Tank

Oh, yeah: where should I put my attribute points? Because of my rune ingestion misadventure, should I go STAMINA, VITALITY, or, as I've read one Shadow build, go ALL STRENGTH?

Thanks for any help!

-TF

Welcome RK!

You are in good hands here. Thanks for posting.

Attributescan be studied a little here. Basically each character starts out with a set number in each attribute. with each level that goes up by a percentage of the base. adding points to an attribute raises the "level" by one. so your level 10 example both characters would be equal.

As for spend no points until level 12 you have not committed to anything with this build so actually you have a level 12 blank slate. the nice thing is you can choose your first 5 skills in any order or priority you like.

If you want to play coop with a HE you will need a strategy. HE are slow to get started and will mature into mob killing machines later. the Shadow Warrior will start stronger an can take many shapes but I thing a boss killer to protect your HE seems a good idea. Both characters have many strengths that can help each other.

I am more of a HE player than a Shadow Warrior player so I hesitate to recommend a guide for you but there are many in the guides section that will work. I recommend a duel wield malevolent champion.

As for runes you haven't invested too many yet however. runes are a double edged sword. they raise the Combat Art level of a particular Combat Art but it does come with penalty. even the Buffs have a regen penalty. ideally you will want to reduce your regens to a point where you can cast them continuously. So it is almost always recommended to keep them at level 1 for the first levels until your skill choices begin to shape the build and then add runes where they are best suited.

Take a look at the guides and once you make your choice we can help you through the learning curve.

Welcome again!

Edited by TFossor

SolomonGrundy:

Thanks for the advice.

I just pulled up my character, and here is the rune ingestion damage:

DEATH WARRIOR

Demonic Blow, lvl3 (9.6s)

Scythe Sweep, lvl1 (4.8s)

Ruinous Onslaught, lvl2

Rousing Command, lvl3

Grim Resilience (Buff), lvl1

MALEVOLENT CHAMPION

Frenzied Rampage, lvl2 (9.1s)

Belligerent Vault, lvl4 (13.7s)

Augmenting Guidon, lvl5

Killing Spree, lvl3

Reflective Emanation (Buff), lvl1

ASTRAL LORD

Spectral Hand, lvl1 (16.1s)

Skeletal Fortification, lvl1 (15.0s)

Rallied Souls, lvl1 (8.9s)

Shadow Veil, lvl3

Nether Allegiance (Buff), lvl2

So it seems the biggie is Belligerent Vault at level 4. Hopefully not a character-killer.

Let me know if you think any of this should be addressed by simply starting over at this point, especially the three in Demonic Blow (and two in Frenzied Rampage).

And okay to eat the Buff runes, then?

Oh, my deity is Kybele, but I still think the third option looks the most fun for me at this time of the three you listed.

So that's where I'll proceed (unless I'm hopelessly broken at this point and should just bail).

Oh, regarding your skill recommendation, one cannot choose Dual Wield unless 6 skill points are in Offensive Skills. But your build only has 3 allocated to Tactics Lore (unless we go with Option three, and put some to Hafted Weapons), or am I missing something here?

Also, what COMBOS do you recommend?

Oh, and where should I put my attribute points?

Should I go STAMINA (because of my rune ingestion misadventure, VITALITY, or, as I read in one build, go ALL STRENGTH?

Hi ho!

Just a few comments

first - most people advice is not to eat more than 1 runs for anything other than buffs, or combat arts that have a duration+ Cooldown

So for shadow warrior, I would not worry if you have eaten runes in something like Rousing Command, or Reflective Emanation. Eating runes in something like...Frenzied Rampage, which you are mean to spam over and over, is not recommened.

Shadow Warrior does not have aby real boss control combat arts. There is the "numb" mod on sything sweep that has a small chance to stun, but nothing which slows attacks, or locks down movement. Your best bet would be to bolster the more fragile high elf with your party friendly buff spells, while drawing aggro with dual weild, and reflective emanation

So, here is my build recommendation

2- Armor Lore

3- Tactics Lore

5- Dual Weild

8- Concentration

12- Malevolent Champion Focus

18- Death Warrior Focus

25- Toughess

35-Open

50- Constitution

65-Open

That leaves two open slots, which you could go a ton of ways on. I'm going to propose 3.

The finder:

Alchemy, Enhanced Perception

Since you are on Xbox, blacksmithing is of no use to you, so choose alchemy to make you XP potions last longer, and your regular potions heal more.

Then grab Enhanced Perception to find more good stuff

The tank:

Spell resistance - to take the bite out of combat arts used against you

Riding - more HP/Defese + free life (When you get low on health the mount dies first

Random, but interesting

Divine devotion - there are a number of gos who are fun to play when you can use this power more often

Testa, Lumen, Forens

Weapon Lore - Since you are looking to beat down bosses, taking weapons lore to unlock specific weapon powers would be cool. Hafted weapons have a chance to stun, so spamming Combat Arts with dual weilding hafted might be a great back door for boss control.

Edited by TFossor

ok Dont restart your fine just level a few more times and your regen will go down, you can always remedy your regen issue with Regen Per Hit modifiers, and I wouldnt say put points into stamina or Vitality I'd say STR or DEX depending on your weapons to deal more damage and increase atk value because with this build you'll have more than enough HP&willpower(Via Resilience)&good regen being the Malev champ and death warrior benefit from RPH. to your other question He means@ lvl3 choose tactics consuming 5 points by level 5 to unlock Dual Wield. the numbers listed are level at which you learn new skills. and beligerent vault is a secondary command used to initiate battle if modded for stun and to jump over fences or off ledges. you will notice where you need runes at around level 40-50 so right now youre fine just keep hacking away. your buffs while active effect all your arts regen time so try to keep them under 60%

Couze:

You mean try to keep the buffs themselves regeneration time under 60%? Or total regeneration time? (Sorry if stupid question. NEW-BEEE!)

And when you say "good regen being Malev champ and death warrior benefit from RPH", you mean Regeneration Per Hit Modifiers, right? Does the RPH go up with MC/DW Focus?

I think I'll go all STRENGTH. And also use one of the Skill slots for Hafted weapons.

Also, I think you're saying I shouldn't sweat Belligerent Vault being runed up to level 4, because it's not one of those that you lay the hammer down on and keep pressing repeatedly (like DemonicBlow and FrenziedRampage), right? Any other skills I should count on using again and again? Good combos?

Fun game. Doesn't have the attention it deserves, frankly.

ok Dont restart your fine just level a few more times and your regen will go down, you can always remedy your regen issue with Regen Per Hit modifiers, and I wouldnt say put points into stamina or Vitality I'd say STR or DEX depending on your weapons to deal more damage and increase atk value because with this build you'll have more than enough HP&willpower(Via Resilience)&good regen being the Malev champ and death warrior benefit from RPH. to your other question He means@ lvl3 choose tactics consuming 5 points by level 5 to unlock Dual Wield. the numbers listed are level at which you learn new skills. and beligerent vault is a secondary command used to initiate battle if modded for stun and to jump over fences or off ledges. you will notice where you need runes at around level 40-50 so right now youre fine just keep hacking away. your buffs while active effect all your arts regen time so try to keep them under 60%

1.) yes the buff regen under 60% per buff until your regen times catch up to you or you have enough rph socketed

2. no RPH doesnt go up with MC&DW, the focus of these skills aling with your natural stamina increase will cut regen times down

3.)spammables are Demonic blow for singles and scything sweep for groups

4.Demonic blow/frenzied rampage is a good combo for bosses, You can have Killing spree, Guidon and Rousing in a combo(your semi buffs)if you take combat discipline as a skill if not you can use Killing Spree, and guidon then Rousing and Ruinous onslaught to initiate boss fights or just stronger mobs I usually start the Killing Spree&Guidon into Vault (modded for stun) then RC&RO into Demonic blow& Rampage and if its still kicking repeat Demonic Blow&Frenzied Rampage and its usually dead...

make sure to modify all your sockets with benefical things like Damage&attack% from the Blacksmiths until you have good ammys&rings like Allskills, Deathblow LifeLeech, HP, RPH, DMG% Rings, Chance opponents cant evade for maximum effectiveness of your gear

O-KAAAaaayyyy! Executing Couze's plan for my EVIL Shadow Warrior, designed to play coop with my buddy's High Elf. Level 13, and, gotta tell ya, things are running SMOOTHLY so far.

I'm sure at one point I'll hit a brick wall. But so far, so good. And lots of fun.

Today decided to finally start experimenting with forging. I've been lifeleeching my dual axes, and it goes well. But once again, at Silver, things are pretty easy.

But Couze, what runes boost RPH? If I'm reading it correctly, applying the ENHANCE blacksmith art decreases regeneration time. But I haven't found anything in my arsenal of forging material so far that seems directed towards RegenPerHit. As per your advice, will focus on Damage and Attack% boosts, though.

I've got Demonic Blow and Scything Sweep in for my spammable hotkeys. Still getting the feel for Scything Sweep, but it'll come.

Next step is to start working on your combo suggestions.

So far, have pumped ALL Attribute points into Strength. So far so good.

I'll keep you posted (just in case anyone's still reading), as my character progresses through the world. Still haven't balls enough to spend not even nearly all my skill points, but put enough to get Dual Wield up to one. Because I KNEW I wanted that skill. :cry:

Anyway, once again, this game is FUN! It's really a unique experience for hardcore power levellers.

I love Oblivion, really, but the power levelling in that game just bugged me with having to control HOW one is killing one's opponents, and timing the levelling up itself as being crucial. And if you screwed it up, the game became unplayable. The same could be said about Sacred, but I just get the feel that one is under much more precise control as to how one build's one's character. So if you nerf your campaign/difficulty curve in Sacred, it's more likely your own fault, whereas in Oblivion, one is more apt to be a victim of circumstance, where you almost get punished if you get too good at killing in too specific a manner.

And Diablo is great for what it is: a pioneer, and simplistic, if that's what you want. But it gets old so quickly.

But Sacred is just so much MORE. The decisions are wonderfully agonizing. Really the best experience for brainy power levelling out there.

I'm disappointed (once again) that this game didn't get the attention it deserved. It's gotta be the way it was marketted.

Now that I've had a taste, I hope Sacred 3 makes it to the consoles.

-TF

1.) yes the buff regen under 60% per buff until your regen times catch up to you or you have enough rph socketed

2. no RPH doesnt go up with MC&DW, the focus of these skills aling with your natural stamina increase will cut regen times down

3.)spammables are Demonic blow for singles and scything sweep for groups

4.Demonic blow/frenzied rampage is a good combo for bosses, You can have Killing spree, Guidon and Rousing in a combo(your semi buffs)if you take combat discipline as a skill if not you can use Killing Spree, and guidon then Rousing and Ruinous onslaught to initiate boss fights or just stronger mobs I usually start the Killing Spree&Guidon into Vault (modded for stun) then RC&RO into Demonic blow& Rampage and if its still kicking repeat Demonic Blow&Frenzied Rampage and its usually dead...

make sure to modify all your sockets with benefical things like Damage&attack% from the Blacksmiths until you have good ammys&rings like Allskills, Deathblow LifeLeech, HP, RPH, DMG% Rings, Chance opponents cant evade for maximum effectiveness of your gear

There are Rings,hoops,&weapons you can buy from merchants or random drops that have rph on them you should tell your HE buddy to take bargaining so he can buy you the goods you need