Regarding 10 level seperation cap in order to play together

Here is something else I'd like to discuss.

10 levels away from each other cap in order to play together. How do you all feel about it?

Okay I know it was put in place to stop power leveling more or less but obviously that has failed in more than one way. Should they just take it out? or at least increase the level range of people being able to play with each other to +- 20?

I have a friend I've known for a long time who plays like me but were probably around 26 levels apart and its really hard to try and catch up to him for me so we like never get to play together how do you guys feel about this?

Oh and is it also restricted like this on PC version?

Here is something else I'd like to discuss.

10 levels away from each other cap in order to play together. How do you all feel about it?

Okay I know it was put in place to stop power leveling more or less but obviously that has failed in more than one way. Should they just take it out? or at least increase the level range of people being able to play with each other to +- 20?

I have a friend I've known for a long time who plays like me but were probably around 26 levels apart and its really hard to try and catch up to him for me so we like never get to play together how do you guys feel about this?

Oh and is it also restricted like this on PC version?

Interesting topic. I was a console player for a while before coming to PC, and I have a few thoughts on why this may have been done on Console.

for one its darn dangerous to enter a server with another player that isn't at your level. because the monsters spawn at the level of the host. you could walk into an instant rip easily.

On PC there is only the difficulty caps. silver is levels 1-100, gold is 60-140 etc

I have gotten into trouble a couple of times entering a new server with a level 1 char and running into level 40 elves and getting wacked dead in 1 second. so on PC we have all learned to be very careful when entering servers with a wide range of players.

It seems like in off-line couch co-op there is not 10 level cap. on console.

No, there isn't. My 60 dryad can host a plat game while my 2 shopper can join.

Interesting topic. I was a console player for a while before coming to PC, and I have a few thoughts on why this may have been done on Console.

for one its darn dangerous to enter a server with another player that isn't at your level. because the monsters spawn at the level of the host. you could walk into an instant rip easily.

On PC there is only the difficulty caps. silver is levels 1-100, gold is 60-140 etc

I have gotten into trouble a couple of times entering a new server with a level 1 char and running into level 40 elves and getting wacked dead in 1 second. so on PC we have all learned to be very careful when entering servers with a wide range of players.

This is exactly my thinking.

My level 13 dryad died last night when a level 30ish player jumped in near me and spawned some enemies at his level. I was kind of glad that I had accidentally made her SC :blink:

I had never seen this issue playing on Console and it's because of the level gap. It is a very handy setup for new players. I do agree that it would have been nice to be able to set the gap (or no gap) on a case-by-case basis, but as you said that would allow the potential for power leveling. In my limited PC play time I have already been given the opportunity to use this technique to some extent and my girlfriend insinuated that I was a cheat :P

I suppose somewhere along the line they had to work out how to manage it and they decided a level cap was the most effective method. Unfortunately due to Ascaron closing, it's very unlikely it will ever change. The only real solution I found to deal with it was to start a new toon with the person you want to play with and level up together.

• 4 weeks later...

I've met so many people on PSN that I can't play with anymore. It seems everything is good, you play together for a while, then one person misses a day or two of leveling and they're out of the group. The hard 10 levels is really ridiculous if you think about it. I could make a toon, at level 1 I can join a game with a level 10. That toon is 10x my level. At level 138, I'm still limited to player within 10 levels of myself. This means someone level 127 or 149 couldn't join, although monsters may spawn at level 150+. I think they should have either made it percentage based, or allowed you to change it to any number you choose, as in some other games I've played.

Dunno, I think to stop power leveling they could have reduced the experience players get when they're a certain number of levels below the host (like -50% experience if they're more than 10 levels below) or another method to discourage power leveling without putting a level gap cap. At the same time I think I like playing with players at/around my level so the cap just makes searching for a suitable game easier.