Inquisitor musings

G'day, all! Just wanted to chime in with a few things that I've noticed since playing an Inquistor again after a long hiatus. I :) this guy...

Background - I play on PS3, strictly offline, so I am essentially playing a "version" of Sacred not too many others know much about :)

But it's not that different, but I did want to share some thoughts I had while playing this guy out.

First thing I noticed was that a level 2, with 2 points in bargaining, and 4 +1 relics (I played this guy fair and square)... I saw ALL rare items in the shop. The rares started disappearing (downgrading to magic/junk) a little later, but my overall impression was that the Inquisitor has a Bargaining "bonus" much like the High Elf has an EP "bonus" on PS3 (noted by KarruptedKat).

Reverse Polarity - Hooo boy, what a buff. Reflecting = best defense in the game (debateable with mitigation, I will admit). Reflecting every type of attack? Uh, yessir! But my real comment here is regarding the Gold modification that mitigates damage to your followers. Spells.txt for Ice and Blood tells me that this mod actually starts at 4.9% plus 0.1% per CA level. Unless the flags stop the increase per level, that I am unsure of.

entry7 = {"et_damping_teamshare", 49, 1, 5, 41 }

So, Currently precasting my RP at level 42.9... this gives me 9.2 % damage mitigation PER HIRELING. There are a couple of quests that will give you indestructible hirelings, and I bet most of you know where I am going with this. 5 hirelings = 46%. My playstyle allows me to Subjecate about 3 enemies at any one time, so an additional 27.5%. 73.5% all-channel damage mitigation at level 71. :P

Add to that the 51-52% chance to reflect any type of attack... hrm... a certian Monty Python skit comes to mind. Fetch me a bucket

I entered Platinum at level 65... I don't think my health has ever dropped below 1/2 when I don't want it to (but I am using PC, so lower health = more damage). Using a 1.8% LL sword for bosses, I think only Oraducil (evil questline Dragon) ever gave me a scare, because I am only about 15% chance to hit bosses. (of course, Callous Execution has a "better" hitchance than displayed, but it does miss too often for my liking, I have to work on that).

Sorry for tooting my own horn here, but Gold was rather rough on me! I was on the fence about wether I wanted PC or Soul Reaver, and was using Reaver for the 5 deaths I suffered in Gold. Well, 4 deaths anyway! Dead to:Elite human (maybe reflected?)@36, died while Survival Bonus farming (yeah, I suck), in Givyrm island cave @63 (forgot/missed health potion), Givyrm Dragon @64 (he got me fair and square, me being cocky) and the 4th nameless @65 (again, he got me fairly). After dying to the 4th Nameless at level 65, I went and fetched out the aforementioned indestructibles, and added the gold mod to RP for the mitigation trickery. No problemo, Mr. Nameless.

Now currently considering trying to get into Niob pre-80. I really only fear the 4th Nameless, but Nimrod (final Inquisitor dude) uses PC and RP, so he is quite dangerous (actually, I'm dangerous to myself ;)

I searched the wiki for Givyrm (island) and could not find it.

Screenie?

----

ontopic: 4.9% mitigation for you per hireling to start... and you can get Ambul and some of the other immortal hirelings to really give you a boost? Wow. This is so awesome. I haven't tried an Inquisitor, but this sounds just amazing!

Edited by FrostElfGuard
I searched the wiki for Givyrm (island) and could not find it.

Screenie?

----

ontopic: 4.9% mitigation for you per hireling to start... and you can get Ambul and some of the other immortal hirelings to really give you a boost? Wow. This is so awesome. I haven't tried an Inquisitor, but this sounds just amazing!

Just on the east side of Dryad isle. it is part of the shadow campaign.

Girvymisle.jpg

First thing I noticed was that a level 2, with 2 points in bargaining, and 4 +1 relics (I played this guy fair and square)... I saw ALL rare items in the shop. The rares started disappearing (downgrading to magic/junk) a little later, but my overall impression was that the Inquisitor has a Bargaining "bonus" much like the High Elf has an EP "bonus" on PS3 (noted by KarruptedKat).

I don't personally have experience with low-level Bargaining, but the way Bargaining works is based off of your character's level. So Level 2 Bargainers with relics are supposed to see a very high rate of rarer equipment. (I can't recall exactly how rare, though.) It sounds like this is probably normal.

This is a good idea, but I would be cautious. You will be feeding any enemies with LL a tasty treat.

A level 2 bargainer (of any class) should be able to get all yellows without much work.

Does the Doppelganger take damage for you too?

I don't personally have experience with low-level Bargaining, but the way Bargaining works is based off of your character's level. So Level 2 Bargainers with relics are supposed to see a very high rate of rarer equipment. (I can't recall exactly how rare, though.) It sounds like this is probably normal.

I've usually had my level 2 bargainer with 6 +3 relics (from Niob) and seen less rares. At least, not ALL rares. It was "not normal" to have bargaining at 10 with a level 10 and still only 3-5 1-star items were appearing per merchant re-set. I found it weird so I thought I'd throw it out there because someone else may have noticed the same thing, but not posted it. Only when I forge high-level allskills into low-level equip have I seen this phenomenon.

This is a good idea, but I would be cautious. You will be feeding any enemies with LL a tasty treat.

Yeah... it put a huge smile on my face when I got to the swamp and the Olms would cast their Area of Effect LL CA... a whack of life leech lines streaming all over the screen... crisscrossing with my own... but I haven't had any trouble killing them despite this.

Does the Doppelganger take damage for you too?

Can't tell yet. I haven't tried playing around with him, but I wanted to see if I could get him to self-propegate... gotta re-read the Doppel threads again since it's been a while since I read them.