New players, just a few simple questions.

So I just picked this game up today for me and a friend on Ps3. Havent really oppened it up yet ( waiting on him tomorrow ) Anyways ive been searching arround these forums looking at builds for the Shadow Warrior ( the class I want to play ) and noticed how huge this game is :devil: And I'm really not going to try and take it all in at once. I'll learn as I go.

I was wondering a few things though. First of all should we start on Silver? Or Bronze difficulties? We are experienced gamers but is Silver just too hard to do with a level 1 character? Also we wish to play the single player campaign together ( thats basicly the reason we got this game ) I just wanted to make sure it's possible for us to do that online or if needed we could do it offline.

Any starter tips you wish to throw out there are appreciated aswell :P I'm glad I found this community of gamers. Everyone here seems very respectful and VERY knowledgeable :P

edit: what the heck is a niob toon?!

Thank you!

Edited by Prexxus

Welcome Prexxus!

If you're feeling confident in your gaming skills, start with Silver. It's a reasonable boost and makes the game more enjoyable. Stick to the starting areas until you are comfortable with the dynamic of the game and the interface and you'll be set. Having two people to discuss what is happening while playing together will speed up this process immensely.

You can play either online or offline together, it's pretty fluid.

In regards to tips, have a good read through the SacredWiki. Also check out the forums, pick a character you are interested in and look at a few builds. You'll be addicted soon enough :devil:

Niob = Niobium, hardest difficulty level. Toon = Cartoon = Character, your player in the game. Niob toons have access to higher level items that can be used to help lower difficulty level characters.

Edited by dreeft

The PS3 version of Sacred 2 will allow you to play an online match with anyone who has a PS3, Sacred 2, and a PSN ID. To play on one PS3, you must first create your characters, then create a match being sure to select offline mode, and then up to 2 players will be able to play in campaign mode.

As far as difficulties are concerned you can select bronze or silver difficulty for any new character. Higher difficulties require completion of the preceding campaign difficulty. In online games, there are certain level minimums required to play an online campaign in a difficulty of gold or above.

Difficulties:

Bronze: 1-60

Silver: 1-100

Gold: 60-140

Platinum: 100-180

Niobium: 140-200

I recommend starting on Silver and moving to Bronze if you feel it is too difficult. I hope you enjoy your time playing Sacred 2 on the PS3. If you have any other questions, you will find that many people will be willing to answer them. If you have not looked at it yet, take a look at http://www.sacredwiki.org

Welcome to DarkMatters!

edit: Sorry I took my previous maxes from my manual because it was late.

Edited by Bleak_Advent
Bronze: 1-200

Silver: 1-200

Gold: 60-200

Platinum: 100-200

Are you sure about those max levels? It "should" be 1-60 for Bronze, 1-100 for Silver & 60-140 for Gold.

Bronze: 1-200

Silver: 1-200

Gold: 60-200

Platinum: 100-200

Are you sure about those max levels? It "should" be 1-60 for Bronze, 1-100 for Silver & 60-140 for Gold.

The manual for PS3 says 200 for all difficulties, but I'll change it to reflect what's in SacredWiki. I reached for my manual because it was late and I could barely read the computer screen haha.