Console user looking for item drop tips

I was wondering if anyone has a link or knows of a page with info on console item drops. I also would like to know about the difference between damage mitigation vs. gear with -% damage over time. are these the same?

No. -DoT reduces the damage you take from DoTs (eg, poisoning, burning & bleeding), which damage mitigation reduces the damage you take from a monster hitting you or casting a spell at/on you.

What you should do to get better item drops is to face every boss around.

There's the white Pegasus, which drops fairly good items, but he really isn't marked on your map by a drawing,hes near the west side of the Human Region.

What you should do to get better item drops is to face every boss around.

There's the white Pegasus, which drops fairly good items, but he really isn't marked on your map by a drawing,hes near the west side of the Human Region.

er Elf region

For console item drops, I second killing mini-bosses in the game. When playing the campaign you only get one shot at them during bronze, silver, gold etc. If you go to Free Roam though you can kill a mini-boss or several, log out, then log back in and all the mini-bosses respawn. There is a guide for farming low level set pieces here on the website written by Schot http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9693 that shows this by farming the White Griffon in the elf lands and the Wild Boar in the Human lands fairly quickly.

I have used this method to farm some nice starter gear for my characters.

Cheers!

Edited by Superfreq

hrmmm being a console player you really really don't need -DoT very few enemies have DoT(rats mostly) and most are pathetically weak. % mitigation is a good choice for defense, as is reflect melee. Avoid reflect: spells though, very few monsters console side even have spells and most of them are roots, not too useful to reflect honestly. The occasional ice ball really isn't worth spending so much effort to get it, x.x

As for item drops, I have to whole-heartedly agree, that said though, there are level limits to each boss/difficulty, on request I'd be happy to share what I have so far. =)

Also I believe that the faster you kill something, the better the drops. I think that -DoT is much more important in plat or niob.

Kill speed is mostly important for mini-bosses, for example taking 5 minutes to kill the white griffin will yield fewer items and of poorer quality then if you had one shotted it. DoT's can be reflected anyways, melee reflection will pretty much solve all your worries about it, especially in plat or niob where 1000's of hitpoints will be reflected away from you and back at your enemies, the DoT is just like a bonus xD

in conclusion, still think -Dot is pretty worthless =P but that's my opinion, especially since reflect melee is so common <.<