PS3 Shrunken Heads

I was speeding through Silver campaign on my new Shopper Dryad. I was gonna wait till Gold to start VDing since she is having no trouble at all since I picked up Concentration and started running AB and MA. Anyway I'm fighting the giant squid who is helpless since he can't get out of the vines and is completely ignoring my summon. He dies and I get a shrunken head. I'm thinking, SWEET! since I needed a monster head anyway. I put it on completely ignoring the the rarity and when I summon the new pet, low and behold its a minotaur. HOLY CRAP! So I got back to my inventory and its a 2* head with 3 Caba Lore and 2 Caba Focus. Only level 29 and I'm 26 atm but I'm not complaining. I was wondering if TT and MA is potent enough to dramatically increase rare head drops without mods since neither are modded yet but I get the head first kill in story mode. Malicious Totem is fully modded but not for Heads.

Edited by silence09
  • 2 weeks later...
I was speeding through Silver campaign on my new Shopper Dryad. I was gonna wait till Gold to start VDing since she is having no trouble at all since I picked up Concentration and started running AB and MA. Anyway I'm fighting the giant squid who is helpless since he can't get out of the vines and is completely ignoring my summon. He dies and I get a shrunken head. I'm thinking, SWEET! since I needed a monster head anyway. I put it on completely ignoring the the rarity and when I summon the new pet, low and behold its a minotaur. HOLY CRAP! So I got back to my inventory and its a 2* head with 3 Caba Lore and 2 Caba Focus. Only level 29 and I'm 26 atm but I'm not complaining. I was wondering if TT and MA is potent enough to dramatically increase rare head drops without mods since neither are modded yet but I get the head first kill in story mode. Malicious Totem is fully modded but not for Heads.

Welcome, Silence09... you do not "need" any mods on TT for headhunting, as long as you are able to cast a fairly high-level TT, and have Regen per Hit to be able to stack 2 or 3 of them at the end of the boss fight (combo TT with RI for insta-recharging combo if you can manage it).

2nd strategy for ya: MA, if I recall correctly, only will drop a head if you let the pet get the killing blow... get the enemy down to 5%-ish health, then spam TT while the minotour or scorpino finishes them off.

Even when you get your headhunting skillz "perfected" it is still not 100% chance a head will drop, so some farming is usually required (especially if you are concerned with the modifiers on the ** heads)