Blind Guardian Guitar Weapon Question

Okay, I've tried searching the forum, and I've looked on the Wiki. (still no article on this weapon.)

I can't find the answer to this question, so I would appreciate some help.

The Blind Guardian guitar, not the one that's an axe, the other one with the x% to find valuables, is it a sword or a hafted weapon?

I'm trying to find out which weapon lore mods it, if any. You would think it would be a hafted weapon, but I could swear my sword-wielding character is getting his attack speed bonus from his sword specialization skill.

A lot of the unique weapons don't list a modifier, including this one. Does anyone know?

Thanks.

both guitars are sword weapons.

Loco, thanks.

Can anyone confirm for a fact that Sword Weapons skill does mod the guitars? I'm not sure how to tell objectively, since I've already got three blacksmith's art weal attack bonus runes in all the slots.

Loco, thanks.

Can anyone confirm for a fact that Sword Weapons skill does mod the guitars? I'm not sure how to tell objectively, since I've already got three blacksmith's art weal attack bonus runes in all the slots.

What exactly do you mean by "mod them"?

Sword weapons skill will increase attack speed/casting speed for any weapon based attacks. Also, your attack value will be increased. The Attribute Strength will increase your damage somewhat.

I don't recall any of those Blind Guardian weapons having any specific modifiers that scale with a weapon skill.

Loco, thanks.

You can confirm it on your own by checking what your current attack speed % is on the Overview screen when you equip/unequip the guitar. When you start out at level 1, with no items or skills, your Attack Speed will be at exactly 100%. When you learn the Sword Weapons skill and then equip a sword, you will see the Attack Speed % increase. If the weapon is not a sword, you will not see this increase when you equip the weapon.

It can be a little more tricky if you have both Hafted Weapons and Sword Weapons skills learned (which sounds like is the case for you). Assuming that both skills are not at the same level, you should see a difference in attack speed % on the Overview screen when you switch between the guitar and another hafted weapon (which would confirm for you that the guitar is in fact a sword and not hafted weapon).

When you start out at level 1, with no items or skills, your Attack Speed will be at exactly 100%. When you learn the Sword Weapons skill and then equip a sword, you will see the Attack Speed % increase. If the weapon is not a sword, you will not see this increase when you equip the weapon.

Your attack speed would be 100% if you've not got any bonuses to attack speed (from any source) & the weapon level is at or below your character level (assuming you've not got the relevant weapon lore).

It can be a little more tricky if you have both Hafted Weapons and Sword Weapons skills learned (which sounds like is the case for you). Assuming that both skills are not at the same level, you should see a difference in attack speed % on the Overview screen when you switch between the guitar and another hafted weapon (which would confirm for you that the guitar is in fact a sword and not hafted weapon).

It's probably simpler to check to see what type the weapon is if you've got either Sword or Hafted Weapons, since if it is that weapon type then it'll get an attack & attack speed bonus, if it's not then it won't. Additionally, if the weapon you're curious about is higher level than you (but still equippable) then IIRC the attack speed debuf is calculated incorrectly when in your inventory (since it won't use the correct level of weapon lore), but it is correctly calculated when you equip it.

Eg, say you're level 100 & interested in a level 120 weapon. Normally this weapon would have a significant attack speed reduction due to it's level, but because the "max level" item you can use is 125 due to your weapon lore, you can use it easily. When it's in your inventory it'll show the "normal" attack speed debuf, but when you equip it that debuf goes to 0 (since the debuf is correctly calculated using your weapon lore).

Okay, thanks everybody, I'll try seeing if I can figure it out by looking at my attack speed in the overview.

By "modifed", I meant am I getting attack bonus and speed bonus from my Sword Weapons skill when I use the guitar.

I guess I don't have the jargon of the game quite right in my head. Sorry. I claim the excuse of being an old guy with gray hair and early senility. :)

Okay, thanks everybody, I'll try seeing if I can figure it out by looking at my attack speed in the overview.

By "modifed", I meant am I getting attack bonus and speed bonus from my Sword Weapons skill when I use the guitar.

I guess I don't have the jargon of the game quite right in my head. Sorry. I claim the excuse of being an old guy with gray hair and early senility. :)

No problem belgarathmth.

If you have the sword weapon skill and have one of the blind guardian weapons equipped. you will see the attack speed benefit from the sword weapon skill.