Looking for help killing Boss in cavern near Narmul the Phoenix

Hi, I'm new to the forum, so I don't really know where to ask it so here I am.

I'm having trouble with The guardian (boss in a cavern near Narmul the pheonix in crystal plane) I see his life, I see my damage on him, but his life won't go down, I spent like 30 minutes on him and nothing.

I was wondering if there is anything special to do.

I'm level 29 frost high elf.

thanks

Hi, I'm new to the forum, so I don't really know where to ask it so here I am.

I'm having trouble with The guardian (boss in a cavern near Narmul the pheonix in crystal plane) I see his life, I see my damage on him, but his life won't go down, I spent like 30 minutes on him and nothing.

I was wondering if there is anything special to do.

I'm level 29 frost high elf.

thanks

Hi and welcome to Darkmatters!

The first thing I would do is check the Sacred Wiki entry for The Guardian to see if the weapons/spells you're using against him are a match for the sort of damage he's weakest against.

A quick check reveals he's weak against fire, poison and magic. That would tend to mean that he's stronger against ice damage. Might try using some pyro spells - or at least a weapon with a chunk of lava, poison fang or magic pearl smithed in it. Perhaps a ring or amulet with damage bonus to those elements.

Blazing Tempest or Incendiary Shower would be top picks for taking a boss like that down.

Good luck!

Welcome to FDM!

Since your having this trouble and have been using fire and such. Could you post us your stats on gear skill picks, CA levels, etc etc. The more info you can get to us the better we can help.

Also are you playing HC Closed-net? Or normal mode?

I'm on silver, normal mode and oh, it's in french so I hope u'll understand xD

sacredv.th.jpg

I used fire, but same as ice, I do some dmg but his life won't go down :' (

I'm using a "fast needles" build, works good, never had any problems with it ^^

Edited by Anaisss
I'm on silver, normal mode and oh, it's in french so I hope u'll understand xD

sacredv.th.jpg

I used fire, but same as ice, I do some dmg but his life won't go down :' (

I'm using a "fast needles" build, works good, never had any problems with it ^^

I think I may be seeing the problem... I took a look at the pic posted on sacredwiki of the Guardian himself... He looks sorta famliar. Kinda reminds me of the Yeti boss on the Northend quest. He's basically a very strong troll type character and he uses Expulse Magic. If you look at the picture, you'll note the lines of force running through him vertically and fanning out in a circle around him.

Expluse Magic is a High Elf CA that prevents your enemies from launching magical attacks while they are inside the field.. Not sure what it's called in French but it's the one to the left of Grand Invigoration on the Combat Art screen. And by all appearances, you seem to NOT have any runes invested in that CA.

When I last went up against Hanier/Walther (Walther is the name of the boss in the Christmas Island quest Same guy, just recycled), he too was a royal pain in the neck to defeat. The key to defeating him with my High Elf was using Expulse Magic against him before he could use it against me. If he throws out Expluse Magic at you, your spells don't work too well against him. I set up a couple of combos:

Combo One with Expulse Magic followed by Incendiary Shower

Combo Two with Expluse Magic followed by Cobalt Strike.

My Expulse Magic was at level 6 or 7 and Incendiary Shower was around level 5. Cobalt Strike was around level 8. I switched between the two plus two other spell sockets with straight Incendiary Shower and Cobalt strike so one was recharging while the other was in use and ready to go.

I was also equipped with a bow with some life leech and a chunk of lava smithed into it.

I also had a LOT of health potions in my bag. And patience. These yeti boss types are NOT easy.

And if he DOES manage to fire off an Expulse Magic spell at you, it helps to move outside of the rings and then fire off your spells. Depending on your level and his, he may or may not have his Expulse Magic modified to block magic attacks from outside of the circle.

Edited by wolfie2kX

thank, I saw that, couldn't my skills while I'm in the circle, and can't make them enter the circle, and I can't hit him for 3-4 seconds after he's out of that circle, but after that, when I hit him, I can see damages.

I'll try my best ! thanks for the help ^^

Very nice and thorough. Good job wolfie!

Thanks... Just giving back a bit of what I've learned reading stuff on DM...

thank, I saw that, couldn't my skills while I'm in the circle, and can't make them enter the circle, and I can't hit him for 3-4 seconds after he's out of that circle, but after that, when I hit him, I can see damages.

I'll try my best ! thanks for the help ^^

You're welcome... I did notice you had some runes stowed away in your inventory. If it's possible, you might consider a strategic retreat and make your way to a handy rune master and convert some to Expulse Magic runes and read them. (That is, if you don't have any that are already EM runes).

Having something invested in the skill may be better than nothing.

Edited by wolfie2kX