The Elf Limits?

jurrasicpunk

Ok so I'm really wanting to make a high elf but I always have trouble with mage type characters on most games. (In fact when I played WoW, my mage was the last 80 that I achieved and she was never geared or played as much as the others.)

Typically mages give the most problems with me in both playing them and playing against them. But what I wanna know is how much of a limit in the game will there be on the Elf when it comes to mini-bosses like the Kobold Chief and the White Griffen. Considering all possible specs as far as pure caster goes. No melee weapon hybrids.

Reason I ask this is cause I wanna try and make an elf cause I like the way they look (All mages really I like the way they look) but I don't wanna be hindered to the point that I can't fully enjoy the game cause this group of mobs gives me such a hassle that I have to avoid them like the plague.

Ok so I'm really wanting to make a high elf but I always have trouble with mage type characters on most games. (In fact when I played WoW, my mage was the last 80 that I achieved and she was never geared or played as much as the others.)

Typically mages give the most problems with me in both playing them and playing against them. But what I wanna know is how much of a limit in the game will there be on the Elf when it comes to mini-bosses like the Kobold Chief and the White Griffen. Considering all possible specs as far as pure caster goes. No melee weapon hybrids.

Reason I ask this is cause I wanna try and make an elf cause I like the way they look (All mages really I like the way they look) but I don't wanna be hindered to the point that I can't fully enjoy the game cause this group of mobs gives me such a hassle that I have to avoid them like the plague.

Well.. There are some tricks to the HE... Your best weapons are Blazing Tempest, Incendiary Shower and Cobalt Strike. Build those up anyhow as high as you can. Glacial Thorns is also quite useful. I'd also invest in Grand Invigoration and keep that running constantly. Expulse Magic is a MUST for giong up against certain boss types - like the Yeti chief in the Northend/Christmas Island campaign and the Dark Prince dude in the swamp. They WILL use Expulse Magic against you and that will debuff you very quickly. Use it on THEM before they use it on you.

Having a good life leeching bow is always a good thing to have.

You'll want to invest your skill points in all three aspect FOCUS skills as well as concentration to bring the spell casting regens to a minimum. You'll probably want the aspect LOREs as well to boost damage.

• 4 weeks later...

hi there I recently did some research for the high elf and recently built a new high elf as well

as for the limits of a High Elf vs bosses of any kind have a look at this

I saw that and that was my decider, I had to have a High Elf

here is a build for it from this forum that helped me alot, compliments of locolagarto

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=15510

and if your after something a little more basic you can look at my step by step guide for beginners, sorry if its a bit of a read but it has all you really need to know to get it started :chef:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?sh...t=#entry6906183

I hope this helps :sick: