PS3 Level Requirement for Platinum

I've bought the game used so I do not have the booklet unfortunately.

I've tried Google'ing an answer but keep coming up short.

Basically, is there a level requirement for Platnium and if so what is it?

welcome Mesca.

well the official level caps for the PC version of the game go like this:

Bronze = level 1-60

silver = 1-100

gold = 60-140

Platinum = 100-180

Niob = 140-200

However, in both the PC and Console versions of the game you can unlock the next difficulty by completing the Main Quest in Campaign mode.

As for monster levels this page on the Wiki lays out the minimum and maximum monster levels: Enemy Levels

welcome Mesca.

well the official level caps for the PC version of the game go like this:

Bronze = level 1-60

silver = 1-100

gold = 60-140

Platinum = 100-180

Niob = 140-200

However, in both the PC and Console versions of the game you can unlock the next difficulty by completing the Main Quest in Campaign mode.

As for monster levels this page on the Wiki lays out the minimum and maximum monster levels: Enemy Levels

If I am understanding correctly, you can open different difficulties in two different ways?; by completing the difficulty previous or by reaching the level requirement?

If I am understanding correctly, you can open different difficulties in two different ways?; by completing the difficulty previous or by reaching the level requirement?

Yes.. If you play single player mode, you need to complete the main quest on each level to unlock the next one up.

In Multiplayer mode, you only need to achieve a level (like level 60 to unlock Gold)... See the chart above for more info.

Yes.. If you play single player mode, you need to complete the main quest on each level to unlock the next one up.

In Multiplayer mode, you only need to achieve a level (like level 60 to unlock Gold)... See the chart above for more info.

Not for the console versions.

The only way to unlock the next difficulty is to clear the one before it.

Beating Silver unlocks Gold, beating Gold unlocks Platinum, beating Platinum unlocks Niob.

There are no level requirements, for single player or multiplayer on the console version.

I joined a Niob Free World game hosted by a level 39 character with a level 30 character about a week ago (PS3 version). There can't be any level limits according to difficulty for that to happen. I was shocked to see a Niob Free World game at that level myself, I had to read it twice.

Not for the console versions.

The only way to unlock the next difficulty is to clear the one before it.

Beating Silver unlocks Gold, beating Gold unlocks Platinum, beating Platinum unlocks Niob.

There are no level requirements, for single player or multiplayer on the console version.

I joined a Niob Free World game hosted by a level 39 character with a level 30 character about a week ago (PS3 version). There can't be any level limits according to difficulty for that to happen. I was shocked to see a Niob Free World game at that level myself, I had to read it twice.

TY for that, Mystix... I wasn't sure how the online/MP works.

Don't forget, tho, that if you have 2 profiles on your console, and an uncompleted Niob campaign on one of them, you can effectively take a level 1 character into Niob... more or less the "quest transfer" trick the PC users have for speed-camping. But I think that would have to be done in single-player/offline co-op as (IIRC) there is a level gap restriction for MP games.

Don't forget, tho, that if you have 2 profiles on your console, and an uncompleted Niob campaign on one of them, you can effectively take a level 1 character into Niob... more or less the "quest transfer" trick the PC users have for speed-camping. But I think that would have to be done in single-player/offline co-op as (IIRC) there is a level gap restriction for MP games.

No problem.

Actually, the PS3 instruction manual lists the same level requirements for joining/creating a game of certain difficulties as the PC has. However, they have been verified as false many times (I have level 70-someodds who can create Platinum/Niob games, when level 100+/140+ is the requirement according to the instruction manual).

Correct, the above speed leveling trick works with offline co-op, as online only allows up to a 10 level deviation from the host's level.

No problem.

Actually, the PS3 instruction manual lists the same level requirements for joining/creating a game of certain difficulties as the PC has. However, they have been verified as false many times (I have level 70-someodds who can create Platinum/Niob games, when level 100+/140+ is the requirement according to the instruction manual).

Correct, the above speed leveling trick works with offline co-op, as online only allows up to a 10 level deviation from the host's level.

Hey Mystic,

Just out of curiosity, On Console, if you never complete the Campaign, are you stuck on silver forever?( aside from the work around to unlock the difficulties by joining another game in progress) The PC version was originally made to only follow the min/max level requirements, but was later patched to allow the completion of a campaign to unlock the next difficulty.

So for us you can unlock only 2 ways:

1. Be in server for an entire campaign completion. (hint: aside from our speed camp work around)

2. level to the minimum for the next difficulty. The you can exit and restart a new server in gold,plat etc

I never tested this myself on Console, as I was always advancing with the Camps. I used to try to be finished with Niob by level 100ish and then start a new character

I don't want to create another topic just yet, but I will if this doesn't get any responses. But it is sort of related.

I am at the giant dragon boss in gold at level 46 and he completely stomp's me every time. What level should I be to be able to take him out?

Are you talking about Xathiar (light Campaign) the Conarch tunnels up north?

He can be pretty tough, He got tougher in Ice and Blood. I would say level 46 In gold is not out of the question, but it all depends on the build. if you are dying from him, make sure you do some survival bonus training before you return to him. SB is huge in this game and losing it can handicap a build really fast in this game.

Just out of curiosity, On Console, if you never complete the Campaign, are you stuck on silver forever?

Actually, I've come close to testing this, but never observed the options...

I've gone to level 62 on Silver with a particular character, but never checked (or noticed) whether I could start Gold anyways. Unfortunately, I've already finished the Silver campaign with said character also.

That same character is grinding on Gold until past level 100 anyways (the limit within the Orc Cave), so I can check the Gold-Platinum requirement.

I also have level 30+s who haven't finished Bronze or Silver as yet (including one which is taking the Hardcore challenge), so I can try with them.

Just out of curiosity, On Console, if you never complete the Campaign, are you stuck on silver forever?

Actually, I've come close to testing this, but never observed the options...

I've gone to level 62 on Silver with a particular character, but never checked (or noticed) whether I could start Gold anyways. Unfortunately, I've already finished the Silver campaign with said character also.

That same character is grinding on Gold until past level 100 anyways (the limit within the Orc Cave), so I can check the Gold-Platinum requirement.

I also have level 30+s who haven't finished Bronze or Silver as yet (including one which is taking the Hardcore challenge), so I can try with them.

Thanks Mystix! I will look forward to finding out. We can add that info to the Console pages on the wiki

I don't want to create another topic just yet, but I will if this doesn't get any responses. But it is sort of related.

I am at the giant dragon boss in gold at level 46 and he completely stomp's me every time. What level should I be to be able to take him out?

Hi there, Mesca! I do think you are a little bit ahead of yourself there. If you're grossly "oversocketed" with high-level jewellery in your sockets, then you should be fine to beat him, but if you're 'fair' then you'd need a very solid defense setup to withstand his attacks. Tricksy stuff like stun-locking, etc notwithstanding.

If you've got a high level shopper it's pretty easy to do the campaign, I've been on my level 33 in niob difficulty. It just depends on what you socket into your armour. Also if your struggling with boss's you could also ask someone to come into your online campaign game and kill the boss for you. I'd advise you to get your survival bonus up.