Sacred 2 Gold EU Crashes

I have tried every fix in the book, even the tricks found in the deepest, darkest corners these threads and man oh man, still getting tons of freezes, and I have Vista not Windows 7

My thoughts on this all point to Ice and Blood because I played standard Sacred 2(US) for a year without any abnormal issues, but now that I upgraded to the UK Gold Ed (v. 2.65.2), the game is unplayable. I hardly have time to play, but this week was free and clear to dig into Ice and Blood, so needless to say, I am not very happy.

I am writting this because I think that some users may just not be able to play the Gold Ed. but may have luck with the standard version. I think it is worth buying if you are in the same situation as me. In fact, I have bought the game 4 times, thats how much I like it. I have the 2 PC versions and I have it for the Ps3 and the Xbox, even though some skills do not function on these.

I am going to remove the Gold Ed. and go back to the older Sacred 2

and here is the tale of the tape:

Intel Core 2 Quad

2.67 GHz

6 GB ram

Vista 64 bit

GeForce 9600 GT

all drivers updated

and tried all of the possible fixes listed in these threads(too many for me to list off the top of my head)

I think it would be more helpful if you described the exact nature of the crash(es) in question.

Things like where and when it crashes would be a good place to start. To say it crashes - that's not enough info to go on. Can you create a character and start playing? Does it bomb out consistently at any specific point? Throw us a bone!

You've listed a lot of the important bits of the hardware you've got - but what about a sound card? Do you have some flavor of SoundBlaster or are you using the default Realtek (or whatever) sound built into your motherboard?

I'm fairly certain your experience is not typical. Sacred 2 was written in the Vista era - so unless there's something wrong - I.e. it's not installed correctly - it should work fairly well.

I think it would be more helpful if you described the exact nature of the crash(es) in question.

Things like where and when it crashes would be a good place to start. To say it crashes - that's not enough info to go on. Can you create a character and start playing? Does it bomb out consistently at any specific point? Throw us a bone!

You've listed a lot of the important bits of the hardware you've got - but what about a sound card? Do you have some flavor of SoundBlaster or are you using the default Realtek (or whatever) sound built into your motherboard?

I'm fairly certain your experience is not typical. Sacred 2 was written in the Vista era - so unless there's something wrong - I.e. it's not installed correctly - it should work fairly well.

Game crashes to desktop during character creation, and the few times I get through that stage and walk about with a new toon, game freezes up..

Basic motherboard soundcard

I have installed it correctly and they were completely clean as well.. I have done this several times.

Doesnt matter now..Sacred 2 back up and running like a dream

maybe I have a bad Gold Ed disc..who knows

I am sorry to hear of your troubles, but glad you are a fan and found a way to continue enjoying Sacred. it is a bit odd that Ice and Blood was the cause of your trouble, even after patching to 2.65. I would have expected you should have be able to upgrade without issue.

vista is actually not one of my favorite OS vers. Actually the game was developed for XP. win 7 has had some issue for many, but still many of us have prevailed to get good, steady gameplay out of Win7.

I am inclined to think that your troubles are not so much hardware, or Windows, but something unique to your system. I realize that is not terribly helpful, but perhaps if there is a system upgrade in your future, it will be Ice and Blood happy!

cheers and happy gaming. :)

You stated thatmyou have done everything but it sure sounds like it's a physics X your running. Like you have that still on and trying to run with full graphics. I run Vista also but 32bit with a PNY geforce 250. Some days I can crank the graphics to full , never physic x, some days I need to run at minimum settings.

Game crashes to desktop during character creation, and the few times I get through that stage and walk about with a new toon, game freezes up..

Basic motherboard soundcard

I have installed it correctly and they were completely clean as well.. I have done this several times.

Doesnt matter now..Sacred 2 back up and running like a dream

maybe I have a bad Gold Ed disc..who knows

Definitely not typical behavior.

Let me ask you this - have you tried installing just Sacred 2 Fallen Angel from the Gold disks? And if so, does it also misbehave in the same way?

trust me, never had phys X enabled for either FA or I+B

and, though I run FA on near-max graphics, whithout much issue..I+B I was on mid, no grass ect...I DID read all of the threads about how to get around crashes....and followed the advice, as I said in the orginal post

I will try to install just FA off the Gold Ed., but not going to for awhile, right now I just wanna be in game without dealing with all the crashes..university is killing my game playing time this year

Edited by jnecros