Multiple DoT's of the same element

More specifically Blazing Tempest DoT and Fireball Dot, with right mods of course. As it stands now, I have all my pyro skills fully modded expect FB and I want to find a reason to even put FB in my "rotation" if you will.

I see no reason to make it explode as my BT kills stuff off the screen thanks to my 7.5% increase in CA range weapon and IS as my boss stun lock CA, lol I love it I just lock em down!

So I got to thinking, if I could stack BT's DoT, FB's DoT AND IS them to death..that would be pretty nasty.

Can anyone tell/test/confirm/deny if it is even possible to stack multiple DoTs of the same element? I would really appreciate it! Plus im sure it would be nice info for future users.

Cheers!!

Edited by Sincere_420

I am fairly sure that you cannot stack the same DoT. You can inflict a fire DoT and a poison DoT at the same time, but not 2 fire DoT's.

I think if you inflict a fire DoT while a fire DoT is in effect, the new DoT will override the old one. ie - you use Blazing Tempest to open the battle. The enemy has a DoT inflicted from BT (say, 50pts/sec), and closes to close combat range. While close-up, the enemy is hit with your fireskin buff, and another DoT gets inflicted (say, 2 pts/sec). The enemy will now be suffering from a 2 pts/sec DoT, and not 50 pts/sec or a 52 pt/sec DoT.

But I am not 100% on this. Not even 50% to tell the truth.

Actually that makes perfect sense, and that is what I figured. It was just a random thought on my boring drive to work today.

Im really just looking for a use for FB. I got it at .8 cast speed and it does nice damage and I cant eat any more runes cuz I am like 9 lvls over max lol. It seems it was ok beginning lvls but was easily out shined by BT.

Thanks for input.

Cheers!!