Underworld MP still possible?

I reinstalled Underworld the other day, mainly to get access to my books to start transcribing them to wiki. I wanted to check on my MP toons but I couldn't get to them. I know that ClosedNet was killed off a whole while ago, but is OpenNet gone as well? I couldn't connect. Are there perhaps ports that need to be opened on firewall and router?

If I'm not mistaken, there are no servers anymore for Underworld. There is something set up via Hamachi (see post here), but I really don't know much else other than peeps are finding some way to play it together! :bounce:

Edited by essjayehm

Does that mean all toons I had there are gone also? That would be a MAJOR bummer as I had exported my ClosedNet toons to I think OpenNet when Closed closed. Or did the entire thing (Open and Closed) close at the same time? I do remember exporting my characters SOMEWHERE, but I can't remember where, (it wasn't my hard drive I think).

Oooooooh bless my hoarding madness! I found a map "backup van oude closed HC characters" wooohooo :BlobRed: I'll put them into my folder some day and start a LAN game. Can I use these toons to play with this Hamachi thing (in case I ever feel nostalgic)?

Oooooooh bless my hoarding madness! I found a map "backup van oude closed HC characters" wooohooo :BlobRed: I'll put them into my folder some day and start a LAN game. Can I use these toons to play with this Hamachi thing (in case I ever feel nostalgic)?

Glad you found your toons, Fogeltje! :woot:

Sorry, I am still clueless about how MP works (no internetz at home...) but I'd guess that you can use them.