Rallied Souls mod help and questions

Ok I have a few questions regarding the mods to Rallied souls. I'm doing a summoner build and so far I'm not planning on eating a lot of Rallied souls and Spectral hand runes and so I've placed them in a combo and it works well.

Bronze: I don't really care for more defense really, I prefer reviving them from farther away. Or will having more defense for them be better in Niob?

Silver: After I place my AG and SF combo, all I do is SH and RS combo. Therefore I think I don't need to raise more souls since I constanly do it. More life seems like the better option.

Gold: Here is where it get's tricky. The added damage is like a no brainer since according to the wiki, the damage is very high. (5% + 5% per CA level increase (?)) Although I would have to eat more runes or have a lot of +CA. But what about Contagion? How does it work? Do the Zombies have to deal the death blow or do they simply have to hit one and when he dies, he'll have a 30% chance or reviving? Also, since I'm suing a combo, won't that make it useless?

Advise and info on Contagion please

thx

Got this from another topic, the General himself talking about RS

I have tried all the mods.

I find armor to fail because one monster cannot kill one monster for the most part. They don't draw enough agro to get swarmed. And it is really difficult to remember where all the corpses are and run over to a corpse when maybe its not the spot you want to be for other reasons. Also it often means the difference between reviving 2 versus 1

The contagion mod can be cool but these things have trouble dealing the killing blow because they are doing a small proportion of the damage. When you get a swarm maybe sometimes. But the main reason is that if you put Rallied Soul in a combo there is no need for minions to cause the revive. More damage from the minions is needed. Rooster said the second didn't scale unless lore is taken so maybe take contagion for your build.

The 50 second duration is great and sometimes there aren't 3 bodies on the ground which wastes the other power.

Based on that I'll go: longer range, longer duration, more damage. Contagion doesn't work like I hope it would