If they fixed the Deploy/Recall "bug": What would happen?

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

Well?

Ya know...after what has happenned with the probes. Do you guys think that they would actually "fix" what has been called a bug?

I"ve been doin some thinkin on this.

And...I'm wondering...

does this bug exist like this in .de as well?

Also...

has any of the ogame servers EVER played without the deploy/recall bug which gives players with no moon some small mercy from a phalanx?

Has it ever existed EVER where a universe played with deply/recall not offering solace from phalanxes?

What would we do if the bug were "fixed"?

I"m very curious about this topic.

If you guys have any take on it I'd love to see where this goes.

Cheers!

:)

gogo

Quite simply, that would suck.

The reason is two-fold: 1) as you mentioned, people without moons would be screwed in the face of phalanx; there would be no hiding at all, putting them at a distinct tactical disadvantage; 2)there would be a loss of the thrill of the hunt for those with phalanxes. There would be no challenge in finding and then catching that "elusive" fleet... sure, it would be cheaper to catch people, but man, so much less satisfying when you finally catch it, ya know?

The frustration factor of the game would increase greatly, especially for newer players in older galaxies/Unis and I think the overall fun factor would decrease for all but the most 1337 of players.

(most people who refer to themselves as 1337 are complete knobs who enjoy taking the fun out of the game for others)

I thought that deploy recall was more of feature and a part of the game than a bug. I can, sadly, kind of see the point of view of the esp probe thing.

I suppose if they wish to reduce player numbers even further then removing this 'feature' would be a realy grand way to go about it.

(most people who refer to themselves as 1337 are complete knobs who enjoy taking the fun out of the game for others)

If you wanna bash some L33T talk to DreDD, he has co-ords :)

Guest gogoblender

This subject abstolutely facinates me

Has a universe ever existed where the bug did not exist?

lol, are there even ANY players out there that could live in this kind of a universe?

/blink

gogo

I don't think any universe at any time has been able to see recalled deploy missions via phalanx scan. The reason is because of the nature of this particular action. When you deploy, it is a one way trip. The system calculates the arrival time but not the return time. Only 1 direction is displayed on the overview. When you recall, the system must then calculate a new arrival time for purposes of the fleet screen but the fleet disappears from the overview screen since it is no longer going to the original destination and a return trip was never displayed. Now, since the phalanx scan is basically the same as the overview screen, the recalled transport disappears from there as well.

That being said, it's possible to fix this "bug" by displaying the fleets new destination and arrival time on both the overview and scan. If this were to happen it would be bad news to those without any moon to hide on. But it need not be a complete disaster. You could always do what I did when k2k was crashing my fleets every week. Spend all your res everyday on light fighters. Each time someone crashes them it's a "moon chance" :) After about the 4th time k2k crashed my fighters I got a moon. He was never able to crash me again after that. /thumbsup

That strategy is all well and good for higher ranking players, but even now, at rank 534, it wouldn't be a viable strategy, as getting the LF for a reasonable moonchance took me several days of saving.

I couldn't imagine thinking about this as an unranked or low ranked player.

I wasn't all that high ranked and it took me about a week to make up a 10% moon chance. It seems unlikely you'd be crashed daily but you may be right. What I neglected to mention is that I only had the 1 planet and it was only after I had it built up to where I needed to save close to a million res for the next building before I was worth crashing. By that time I was able to build about 100 fighters per day and they would accumulate to about 700-800 before k2k would come along and crash them.

Guest gogoblender

we're lookin at a scary uni here

one where moons would have to start poppin out as quick as flowers

one that's certainly tuffer to play in.

Question is...would it be as populated as this one is?

With a no mercy phalanx in operation...

Would peeps still stick around?

I personally hate phalanxes...

so I don't know if I would

/blink

gogo

Right, initially it'd be like any other Uni, but the first people to have a moon would have an astronomical edge over all other players. The value of a moon would jump much higher than their already high value.

I think with a removal of this "bug" the cost of lunar base/phalanx would have to increase to match the change in game dynamic and representative value to the player.

Guest gogoblender

the more I think of it the more I realize/hope/pray that this isn't "fixed"

I don't that the entire universe is ready for it.

It'd be a completely different game and...at this point....

who wants to change play styles SO drastically

:)

gogo