Console Buff Suit Confirmation needed

Does it not work on Consoles, I've tried it in this form and it didn't work, tell me what I'm doing wrong:

1. you put your right foot in

2. and put your right foot......

Wait not that.

1. Created a simple All Skills Suit, and a Combat Art Suit.
  2. With no buffs on, I put the CA suit on, to get the most CA that I could get credited to my character.
  3. Next I put on my buffs, and indeed, my buff levels were around 20 levels higher than normal.
  4. Now with the buffs still on, I changed out my gear, to put on my normal kill set.
  5. Checked my buffs, and the buffs I have, lost the 20 levels that it gained from the CA suit.

From my understanding, since the buff is a permanant CA it was supposed to stay buffed at its max level, but it seems to be re-adjusting without me resetting the buff?

What am I missing here?

I think I know where you went wrong with your assumptions.. Hate Assuming things.. Since when you assume...well, you know what happens. :D

Hey hey hey!!!

Consider the following. Let's say you're playing a Seraphim. And you're using the BFG buff. You start the game by eating 1 BFG rune and continue by building a buff suit with BFG runes socketed in your armor. You put the Buff suit on, then activate the buff. Let's say for the sake of grins and giggles, your buff suit gives you +25 to BFG. So you should have a total of 26 on that CA.

Now this only works with socketed runes, or All CA sockets as well?

So then you remove the suit. Whoops. You check the BFG buff icon and it says it's down to level 1 again.

But did you check the BFG weapon itself? Or for that matter the weapon's damage stats? I'd wager the stats are still at level 26.

The point of the Buff Suit is to reduce the NERF from eating a lot of runes. Your regen penalty for ANY buff will be much higher at 26 than it was at level 1.

So yes, the buff controls return to the non-buff'ed state, but the active buff stays at the elevated level until 1 of 4 things happens.

1.) you die and get resurrected (or not if playing hard core).

2.) you get debuffed by a boss.

3.) you turn the buff off on your own.

4.) you exit the game.

I'm about 80% sure, that the throughput numbers of the buff, dropped as well. But I'm going to recheck tonight and make sure I wasn't just jumping the gun because I saw the CA level drop.

Edited by Tybudd

I think I know where you went wrong with your assumptions.. Hate Assuming things.. Since when you assume...well, you know what happens. :D

Hey hey hey!!!

>

Consider the following. Let's say you're playing a Seraphim. And you're using the BFG buff. You start the game by eating 1 BFG rune and continue by building a buff suit with BFG runes socketed in your armor. You put the Buff suit on, then activate the buff. Let's say for the sake of grins and giggles, your buff suit gives you +25 to BFG. So you should have a total of 26 on that CA.

Now this only works with socketed runes, or All CA sockets as well?

So then you remove the suit. Whoops. You check the BFG buff icon and it says it's down to level 1 again.

But did you check the BFG weapon itself? Or for that matter the weapon's damage stats? I'd wager the stats are still at level 26.

The point of the Buff Suit is to reduce the NERF from eating a lot of runes. Your regen penalty for ANY buff will be much higher at 26 than it was at level 1.

So yes, the buff controls return to the non-buff'ed state, but the active buff stays at the elevated level until 1 of 4 things happens.

1.) you die and get resurrected (or not if playing hard core).

2.) you get debuffed by a boss.

3.) you turn the buff off on your own.

4.) you exit the game.

I'm about 80% sure, that the throughput numbers of the buff, dropped as well. But I'm going to recheck tonight and make sure I wasn't just jumping the gun because I saw the CA level drop.

Hey.. that's for horses..! :D Or is it hay..?

Buff suits should work with ANY piece of armor that either has sockets and you've socketed either the buff's rune or + skills that adds to that buff OR any bit of armor that has a +X Buff modifier. In other words, if you have a piece of armor that has +5 BeeEffGee (continuing with the previous example), it'll work.

If you read that post I linked carefully, it'll say that one of the people responsible for the content played on Consoles previous to moving ot the PC - and by deduction it was working for him there too. Ergo, it should still work.

Does it not work on Consoles, I've tried it in this form and it didn't work, tell me what I'm doing wrong:

Wait not that.

2. With no buffs on, I put the CA suit on, to get the most CA that I could get credited to my character.
  3. Next I put on my buffs, and indeed, my buff levels were around 20 levels higher than normal.
  4. Now with the buffs still on, I changed out my gear, to put on my normal kill set.
  5. Checked my buffs, and the buffs I have, lost the 20 levels that it gained from the CA suit.

From my understanding, since the buff is a permanant CA it was supposed to stay buffed at its max level, but it seems to be re-adjusting without me resetting the buff?

What am I missing here?

Uhm, you do the hokey-pokey and shake it all about?

The only thing you are missing is looking at your modifiers screen. Check your info screen (the one that lists all your bonuses) with the buff-suit enhanced buffs active (while wearing your adventuring suit) and you will see that you have the benefit of high-level buffs active (even though the CA screen tells you your buffs are at level 1).

Make sense?

• Like! 1

Wait not that.

What am I missing here?

Uhm, you do the hokey-pokey and shake it all about?

The only thing you are missing is looking at your modifiers screen. Check your info screen (the one that lists all your bonuses) with the buff-suit enhanced buffs active (while wearing your adventuring suit) and you will see that you have the benefit of high-level buffs active (even though the CA screen tells you your buffs are at level 1).

Make sense?

U are the man!!

Your absolutely right, and indeed I can feel the difference while I'm playing, but also there is a bug.

I'm still trying to figure out the cause but, at times the "info Screen" bugs out, and you can't see or scroll through the pages of info to check your buff benefits. Not seeing them is only cosmetic, but when this happens, it feels that I lose the effect of the Buff Suit, I rechecked regen times of spells after I've encountered the Info Screen Bug, and certain spells have went from being buffed with regen times of 1.1 to all of a sudden being at 2.2 or so.

I have to sift through what I'm doing to cause this buff, and haven't combed the forums yet to know if it is common. a Few ideas that I know I was doing in between the time of the bug that I need to check.

• Local Co-op, not sure if having another join before or after apply Buff suit's matter.
  • Application of Buff Suit during mounted play or not mounted make a difference, as well as jumping on and off the mount I'm not sure if there is a in-game check dealing with buffs and these situations, since mounts effect regen times negatively.
  • Local Co-op logging in and out due to the lost mount bug when they enter your game while not at their previous save point.
  • Changing gear in and out like crazy!!! I change out of my Adventurer's set and into my bargainers set quite often.

I can confirm that cave and portal bugs don't seem to trigger the Info Screen bug.

pS sometimes with the info screen bug, if you go there directly after checking your CA's info, it will show that last viewed CA info when your trying to page down as if it was your Character information.

I'm 100% sure that I didn't word this exaclty how I meant it to be read, so if something isn't clear, let me know and I"ll attempt to clarify my meaning.

It is a 'known' issue and I just ignored that glitch. It happens everytime for some toons, and almost never with others. It has been too long since I played console so I cannot recall which ones were which. I don't think there is anything you can do about it, but I don't remember any issues with CA's when this bug happened so I never worried about it. Are you sure it's the info screen that is making your CA regens weird?

Regarding the Info Screen Bug:
It happens when you have certain buffs active. For Seraphim, it's Battle Stance. For SW, I think it's RE, but it might be GR (can't remember at the moment). For the buffs that I've discovered this for, I've posted a notice on that CA's page. Doesn't help at the moment (since the Wiki is down), but it's floating around somewhere.

Quick work-around:
Press R1 to look at the Info Screen, then hit the R-stick down very quickly, once for each page that you want to scroll through. There's a 1-2 second delay before the bug kicks in, so if you hit the R-stick quickly enough, you can flip through the pages. To attempt again, simply press R1 (to close the Info Screen), then press R1 again and repeat the R-stick attempt.

Edited by Mystix123

It is a 'known' issue and I just ignored that glitch. It happens everytime for some toons, and almost never with others. It has been too long since I played console so I cannot recall which ones were which. I don't think there is anything you can do about it, but I don't remember any issues with CA's when this bug happened so I never worried about it. Are you sure it's the info screen that is making your CA regens weird?

I can't for certain say that it is the cause but coincidentally every time it happens, all of a sudden my Regen times are higher. I'm just thinking the buff's lose their suit, or prior charged Levels as if, the glitch causes it to to a recheck of your current gear. A flash reload so to speak.

Mystix123, I'm going to give that a shot, to atleast be able to verify that the rest of my buff info has changed.