Dear god.... Really....?!

So! I recently decided to step back into the wonderful world of Ancaria... Get my hack and slash on... Loaded up my most recent character on my 360, Seraphim seems to be the class of choice for me...

Game is loading. Xbox 360 freezes. Huh. Okay, fine... Guess I'll go back to Skyrim for a bit then; I hear there's a Dragon priest on an island that needs slaying... ;)

Come back to Ancaria today. Oh what's that? I have no characters? Um. That can't be right. Exit the game, check my harddrive... Every. Single. Character. Deleted. Are you kidding me?! That's hundreds of hours of builds and grinding and testing and dozens upon dozens of awesome items just.... Gone.

So incredibly bummed!! Not even sure if I should bother restarting... What does a person do:) Back up their saves to another drive every now and then?

Devastated. :-(

That sucks man. That really does.

I almost had the same issue when my old PS3 YLODed, but I'm paranoid about losing data. I run system back-ups (using the PS3's Backup Utility) once every 1-2 months. I also frequently copy my save file to a USB stick.

Restarting is always an option. I tend to "restart" on new accounts every so often, simply to enjoy not having everything already at my disposal (making every drop count). You may find some fun in starting over completely fresh.

Started over, high elf dual element build... Made it to the Orc cave, level 16... Died 2 times there so far, totally worth it though. Love that cave... :)

Question for the gurus: at what point do you typically take Constitution? I've been putting all of my levels into Vitality so far, sitting at just over 600 HP.

I've got Pyro and Delphic lore, Ancient Magic, Armor, and Bargaining so far... Trying to decide between EP or Con for my level 18 skill slot. Maybe I should make this a new topic...

Thoughts?

Constitution at 12/18/25 is typical for me, and just about the time I get my important skills to desired levels (for CA mods, or w/e) and can then put 1-2 points every level into Con as it was always the first defensive skill I mastered with most toons.

Although you probably need a focus for your toon ASAP as well... gotta keep those regens under control! I think you took AM a bit too early, IMO... but not a huge deal at this point in the toon's life. Lots of time to correct mistakes in this game ;)

Happy Hunting!