Need input on Warding Energy mods

Ahoy!

I made a BFG seraphim a while back, and I finally got around to grinding her up to 75. Now that Concentration is mastered, I can now start using Warding Energy.

Now, for the most part, I think I understand how WE works, with regards to absorption, damage mitigation, recharge rates and the like.

However, I'm really torn as to which mods I should choose for it.

The build I'm following recommends 3 different combinations, depending on playstyle. At first, I had my heart set on force field/force field/Resource, but after doing some research, I'm finding that the reflection mods and block are actually quite a bit better than I initially thought.

Fact is, most of my CA regen times are in a good spot right now, and I can compensate for the rest with regen on hit. I've never seen the point in eating a lot of runes for CAs (excluding buffs and the like), because it seems almost impossible to get regen time under control beyond a couple levels. As a result, I don't expect I'll be needing Resource all that much, and with RT Lore, I expect I'll have a fair bit of damage mitigation with Block further down the line.

As for reflection, I've always been iffy about picking mods that add reflection to buffs, because I'm not particularly fond of relying on chance as a means of defence. However, it would seem that the reflect chance will be quite high at higher CA levels, though I did read somewhere that diminishing returns would kick in.

Thus, is there anyone who has experience with WE at higher levels? My biggest obstacle right now is that I have no clue how most of these numbers will scale at higher levels, and I don't quite have the patience to level up this character to 100-150+ only to find out that I should have gone with something else.

• Like! 1

You may simply had concentration mastered at 60 charlvl for example, simple holding ctrl or shift before skill points investment...

what about mods: there is about 300 points of damage absorbtion is possible at highest levels, and about 500 with block modification. Well, it can fully absorb any weapon based damage from weaken enemies, but it is useless against all bosses, because their damage is too hard to be partially reduced. Well, no differ between 10000 or 9500 damage =)

MAGIC MIRROR MOD mast have, it can absorb incredible amount of incoming damage (some Spell damage based CAs can simply annihillate you in place, lol), and this mod helps against de_buff(when part of your buffs is dispelled)

Edited by mibbs

I like reflect spells best if you are going past level 100 which is where enemy CAs start to feel the hurt.

Projectiles are not very dangerous in Sacred 2 unlike Titan Quest machae archers. I would take force field instead of ranged reflect.

For the last if I use rph to blow away regens then I take block. Otherwise a toss up.

• Like! 1