Has Anyone here played a lot in an ACS universe?

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

I"M curious.

I keep hearing so much about them and...I"ve seen Dancake talk about how the intitial setup is different in an acs universe. And that how a strong clan that communicates can really make a fast jump by using a planetary placement that works with members of an alliance being closer.

Has Anyone here played a lot of acs and thinks it's more fun?

Is it really that much more work?

My take on it would be that a high ranked player would find it MORE work to stay at the top. That maintaining a lead in an acs universe would be more of a dynamic relationship with everyone around you.

;)

gogo

my opinion :

F*** ACS !

the whole game is FECAL MATTER! with that. a good single player cant alieve, because 3-5 noobs with his fleets can attack u . and u lose and got many problems ...

I make this experience in u35.de, and thats really FECAL MATTERY!.

u cant play your game!

u are a miner ? ok, everybody will farm u .

u are a deffer ? ok, 3-5 noobs will raid u, because there fleets together are stronger than your def !

u are a fleeter with the strongest fleet in uni ? who cares ? 3-5 noobs can crash your fleet!

that is ACS uni . I hate it. I think, im a normal player. that the reason for play a uni without ACS . im not fleet save since april´06 . thats my game . I love this and I think that is ok.

ok, many normal player or noobs say, yeah ACS , so I can kick the ass from number one ...

btw, forget it. the number one is number one.is a good FS or what ever. he or she got a reason for number one of the uni ... .

ok, just in case ...

thats just my little , small , nobody interessted opinion

HF with ogame and may, see u in u9.org ;)

You know, Munson has some great insight into ACS and I do agree, even though I'm not sure I could say it as eloquently as he has. ACS is all about a bunch of folks that can gang up on another player and take him out. I'm now playing in UNI 27 just to try it out for real and I'm finding 2 things:

1. The stronger players in the stronger alliances all work together to take out any and all threats in their areas and then they systematically expand to do the same in the next Galaxy. They get stronger and the mid-sized players get pulverized, intimidated and usually just leave. The noobs and unranked players think they're doing OK until they get hit by another group of noobs. Fleetsaving is an absolute must at all times in ACS. I'm doing multiple 2-3 hour f/s daily, just to hide my fleet from the aggressors.

2. Munson's right; there's no way to really play your game. Miners get raided by 3-4 noobs, fleeters get crashed by 3-4 noobs, traders get crashed/raided by 3-4 noobs and then those noobs get crashed by the top 3-4 players. There's such a huge difference in points already; #1 has >50,000 points and 6 of the top ten players are in the same alliance and all between 45,000 and 50,000 points; all working together and gaining much rapidly than the others. I'm now ranked #48 with 19,840 and wouldn't dare go after any one in that alliance or its wings for fear of full and combined retaliation. It would take much more than the 5 players working an ACS attack to get just one of them and there's 6 in the top ten.

I think that's why the player numbers drop so quickly in these new ACS Universes. The lone wolf doesn't stand a chance even if he's in a good alliance. It's those who get the jump in a new universe that rule.

While there's a lot of strategy and plotting and planning going on all the time, it's always a group of lesser players trying to take out a higher ranked player. Sure you can ACS defend, but that's usually a spur of the moment thing. I'll give you there's nothing wrong with teamwork, but the balance is all wrong in ACS. The big guys simply get themselves and one other together and systematically begin taking down the higher rated players with no losses to themselves and huge gains.

I'm not sure ACS is all it's cracked up to be. It's not balanced right somehow. The top 2 or 3 or 4 players can simply walk all over any one they want. There should be some sort of penalty for group attacks - like a reduction of 1/2 in your techs when there's 2 attackers with 2x the fleet size. There's really no room for individualism and defense is even more a joke than in non-ACS universes. To survive you must be in an alliance that's well communicated, works together and can stand the pressure. There's no safe haven anywhere.

Just my 2 cents on this. I do hope things will change in Universe 27 soon as the # of players starts to decline, but my gut tells me that it's gonna get worse.