Just had to look inside....didn't you?

Question: If you make a private game during non-peak hours do you get annoyed if players you don't know join?

How about if they log in, hang for a second and leave without saying a word? How about if they log in to ask for low level items?

I've started the practice of raising my new toons in private servers until they reach their 20's. During my gaming sessions I have noticed a growing number of players who log in and leave without saying anything.

I wouldn't mind having any of you pop in, my private games are always named 'Silearth Inside' which takes away the mystery of who is playing there. But the constant stream of random players loging in and out can be....... And I did not want to get to the point where I am putting passwords on my games.

I was playing this very night and, as usual, a player logged in. To my shock he actually joined the game. >sigh< He was joined by one of his buddies and they started talking in their language. I am trading runes and socketing my equipment--ignoring them for the most part. One started showing off his Combat Arts on the island. I suddenly crashed--my first crash in days.

After starting the game again an logging on I found that the two were still happily playing in the 'Silearth Inside' I ended up making another and this time I password protected it.

Am I being overly sensitive?

there are lots of reasons ppl log into different games. some may have items they need to get rid of and want to give them to a certain class. Some might just look at your level and think you're too high/low to play with. Also, some people do beg if the player in the game is a high level and the same class. It is true, some people just look inside for no reason, but they most likely had some sort of motivation to look inside :crazy:

I don't think your being over sensitive, lol. if you're worried about people logging in just put a password on it and only tell your friends ;)

This problem is natural I think. You get annoyed by unexpected visitors. Some of them is maybe bounder.

But you have to count in that if you make a server with password, noone knows who is inside. Your name can not be seen.

Even if you say "Silearth inside", not everyone knows it's a player name. And if they don't know you not surprise that they leave.

Regarding that they leave and dont say anything. Well if they'd ask for password that would be a bounder again in some way. You dont make a password protected game to tell every visitor the password.

If they'd say Hey! or something then they still cant join so they leave. So conversation: Hey! Seeya!

About the other language and the CA using on Isle, only to say they are ass***. Primitive and ineducable.

It is a still active problem in sacred. Best that if you make a private server, then don't let anyone in, and don't care about to logging in-out players. That's my opinion. That's what private servers are good for. :crazy:

All good points tomi. I guess that what was bugging me is the fact that it's the same player--every time I play. And it's not usually in and out. More like in, out wait 30 seconds.....in, out wait 30 seconds.....

No matter where I am playing, this guy will log on and off and on and off.

Well that's really annoying.

We just have to "survive" these annoying players somehow.

Try to relax. Don't watch when (s)he comes. Just enjoy the game. If it doesn't work. I'd say to try to play in 4p servers maybe.

That player maybe won't find you there. If it is ok...