Temple Guardian armgun

sydetys

I am wondering, does TG use melee (hafted/sword) statistics when using his armgun? Or is it under "ranged weapons" skill?

I have noticed that if my melee weapon has life-leecher ability or changed damage into, example "magic" type, it (weaken effect and healing) is transferred directly to TG´s armgun, so I THINK it is using best melee skill. Battery modification slot does nothing obvious. or is this a bug, I use version 2.31 BTW.

I have not taken ranged skill at all and still TG hits fairly often, his only attack skills are tactics and hafted.

Edited by sydetys
The Armcannon is treated as if you have Dual Wield, meaning benefits from both apply to each other.

So I could improve usage (speed and such) by taking dual wield skill?

Why manual was SO quiet about this, luckily I have room for two skills so not everything has been lost.

BTW I checked skill section, TG doesn´t have that skill and I don´t cheat.

Edited by sydetys
and I don´t cheat.

what does that have to do with anything? lol

If I force a skill which doesn´t belong to a chracter it´s cheating, I dunno I have ver 2.34 now, maybe there is some changes...well I´ll keep my eyes open

and I don´t cheat.

If I force a skill which doesn´t belong to a chracter it´s cheating, I dunno I have ver 2.34 now, maybe there is some changes...well I´ll keep my eyes open

I don't see the point in getting Dual Wield if the character *already* has it by virtue of taking another weapon skill (say hafted or sword weapons).

Personally, I don't like his gun, too slow and misses often. I change it to Battle Extension and get up close and personal with that scorpion arm :(

and I don´t cheat.

I don't see the point in getting Dual Wield if the character *already* has it by virtue of taking another weapon skill (say hafted or sword weapons).

Personally, I don't like his gun, too slow and misses often. I change it to Battle Extension and get up close and personal with that scorpion arm :)

Yes that gun WAS a bit slow, like swinging, but after 2.34 patch it´s a lot quicker. I think that it is only secondary weapon for softening.

The rate of fire of the arm cannon has increased quite a lot, as has the damage (my level 61 TG was doing ~600-700 damage to rats & spiders in Gold with his arm cannon, with a battery that had a stated damage of significantly lower) & speed of the bolts.

The battery mod slot should change the damage of the arm cannon (poison would be the most obvious), I'll check when I get home tonight.

• 6 months later...