Shadowy Catacombs anything there?

fleet

Hi. There are two crypts in the Shadowy Catacombs that are locked (no icon appears on the gates when I phold my mouse over them). Are these areas I should be able to explore? I'm playing the Seraphim at bronze dfficulty.

Oh, is the 'dark' campaign very different from the 'light' campaign?

regards,

fleet

Not sure which crypts you mean, and wouldn't know if they're open-able anyway. All I know about the Shadowy Catacombs is that the Shadow Warrior starts there. /helpful

The Shadow and Light campaigns are both pretty similar. You fight Gar'Colossus, Octagolamus, a dragon (which dragon depends on the campaign, but it's still a dragon), Carnach, the Fog (Shadow campaign fights the Fog once, Light campaign fights it three times), Garganthropod, the winged demon thing, Facetteleon, and the Nameless Guardians. The motivation for fighting each boss is slightly different.

That's just speaking to the main quest line, of course. Side quests are at least a little different in what's offered (there's a quest in Thylysium that my Shadow characters can take that isn't in the Light campaign, but haven't explored all differences so don't know how extensive those differences are). But if the same quest is offered, both campaigns do the same thing. In other words, if my Light character takes the Kobold Chieftain quest, it will be the same quest as the Kobold Chieftain quest that my Shadow character takes.

In short, I'd say no, they're not very different. My Shadow characters still can't kill NPCs, and still auto-accepts things like the Holdup quest (which makes zero sense to me, let her die, I'm evil and don't care).

One of the 'unlockable' crypts is just north of the cemetary. You can only get to it from the cemetary. The other is in the cemetary fenced area, on the east side, just south of the main gate to the cemetary.

Thanks for the info about the dark side quests. I'm trying to decide whether to play the dark side with my undressed dryad, or load The Witcher and play it.

regards,

fleet

I should also mention that the characters say slightly different things depending on the campaign. But again, not a huge difference.

I checked out the crypts, and as far as I can tell, they're not explorable areas in any way. I get the standard "no entry" cursor when I move the cursor over the crypt gates.