Dryad Island Tree Miniboss Won't Die

Looking for the little girl in the cave and got hung up on this miniboss.

Doesn't seem to matter how much damage you do, he regenerates, sometimes not to full amount, beat him good, then he regens fully.

Spent 15 minutes doing this and gave up. It was during a side quest.

Used Nova and Pelting strikes as secondary and two swords to take him out with no luck.

Is this another glitch in the game? Anybody know how to take him out.

The way I did it was with companions. To get the companions I went North on Dryad Island until I encountered anotuher side quest. Instead of taking that new sidequest, I returned to the tree boss, and was able to defeat him with the companions.

regards,

fleet

This is most irritating mini-boss. He has a spell that heal more than half of his health :/ When you are too weak you are unable to kill him. Your damage must be big and you very fast at dealing it. If not - don't try to kill him.

When I beat him on silver I was using my SW at I think about lvl37, with a beefed up hammer and sword combination, using the combo of Demonic Blow, Killing Spree and then Frenzied Rampage with the Grim Resilience buff active. This combo took around 1/4 to 1/3 of his health of so was very useful. At the time though I had almost 4500HP on my unique mount and was dealing out nigh on 1300 damage a hit (500-700 per hit with sword) which almost doubled with the combo.

I did find it fairly difficult, but as my char is pretty much a melee tank he comes out on top against most things! Other than that you just have to keep hammering space for the potions and try to kill all the monsters/plants that are around first.