Horrible Christmas Island Demon Boss

what ascpet are you using? :hugs:

I this -> http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?sh...p;#entry6830607 with the middle, champion aspect. combo is frenzied rampage and the deathwarrior hard hit thingy ^^ (I'm proud of that video..)

Predominantly the Death Warrior aspect, but I dabble in all of them. How do you get your CAs to regen that fast!! :)

It is a nice video by the way :P

I'm about to fall asleep here so my brain is not in full gear but ....

Basically irrespective of Character the most important thing to be sure of is to have looooots of fire damage. Socket with Lava Chunks and +Fire damage rings etc to your weapons. Wear +Fire Damage rings etc too if you can. The protection crystal things in bottom left of your screen should be all ice protection but maybe one magic some say, I always go for three ice (sorry can't even remember the name of those round thingies .... said I was tired :hugs: ).

Some say it is better to get it away from the tree so he minion things don't keep respawning but I have always simply run straight up to it and hit a lot as in the movie.

So, remember that you are on an island made of ice so carry fire to melt the crittters. Be ready to be hit with ice by them.

I always concentrate on the Malevelant (yellow middle) aspect and like the way the SW looks when he uses that first CA which hits multiple bogies in one hit or one bogey more than once (Zzzzzzz) so I use that one which regens a moment before it's duration finishes.

Darn it, can't remember CA or those gem names, too many sleepless nights this week so sorry for that. I have a SP, HC, Malevelont SW who I am taking there tomorrow so I will post afterwards with some numbers etc for you.

I will be in chat (see signature) most of tomorrow I think so of course you would be welcome to come in and talk it over if you like. Might save you some time. Sorry, can't be there in the evening because I generally play Sacred 2 with the Senora at that time which keeps me too busy to both chat and fight.

Edited by Gordius

Just finished Christmas Island.

For the thing you asked about ...

Character Level 33 (Hitpoints 1664) - Boss Level 35

Equipment Bonuses:

CAs +3

Chance for burn 3.5%

Fire Damage +44.5%

Opponents chance to freeze -20.5%

Weapons (Dual Wield):

Physical 338-482

Fire 182-265

Total 520-717

Chance for Critical Hit 11.1%

Block (Ranged) 3.2%

Attack 335

Defense 152

Attack Speed 120.7%

Armor:

Physical 362

Magic 51

Fire 51

Ice 310

3 Ice Relics: 49, 50, 56

I simply ran up to the Boss and kept hitting him, ignored the lesser beasties until Boss was dead. About 5 health potions I think.

After that Boss I took out the 49 Ice Relic and replaced it with a 50 Magic Relic, dunno if it helped though.

So, lots of fire damage and ice protection. All I used all the way across the island was Reflective Emanation with 10 runes read and Frenzied Rampage 9 runes read. The regen on Frenzied Rampage was 3.5 seconds which was a tiny bit longer than the duration of the CA but thanks to the one level I gained it is now lower so I can spam it again. I am sure this is more info than you asked for but better than none :) Found nothing worth keeping apart from the Set giving me my fashion title.

Edited by Gordius

I've finally done it! Whoop!

I had to go back and romp around the map until I got a decent magic pearl and Lava chunk which I then forged into my items. Then he died fairly quickly to my nice double headed axe :D

I really underestimated the effectiveness of forging items into weapons. Until now I've just used blacksmith items (whet/enhance etc) but now shan't be selling all my magic forgery items...

Thanks for all the help though, it was all very useful.

Rich