Damage Lore Mechanic

So, intially damage lore looks weak (for me). Then I got to thinking. I didn't really know the game mechanics. I initially thought it increased the chance no matter what to add all these status effects (amazing). Not true. It increases the ones that correspond to what damage you are doing. Ok, cool, but... My big question is spells? If I go and make a fire based high elf, or those Area of Effect spells on TG and Inquis, should I have damage lore?

Basically, if I was doing magic damage to adjacent enemies, and they had a high chance to become weakened, holy cow would that be amazing... or if I were doing blazing tempest and had 100% to set abalze...

Does anyone know this answer?

Also, less pressing, and it seems like a bug anyhow. When I socket say a fang into my weapon, it makes my clustering maelstrom (normally 100% physical) show 100% poison (even with a 40% fang). Does that mean it does 100% poison? (I doubt this, but I wanted to check).

Let's take Fireball as an example.

Unmodded, it never triggered Burn for me (though I might got unlucky). With a single point in Damage Lore almost all hits triggered Burn.

When mastered, the damage of the DoT is increasing. At 75 points you do roughly triple damage per tick. At 200 points each tick does almost as much damage as the original attack :whistle:

Secondary effects can be rather powerful even without Damage Lore. The skill does take them to the next level though :drinks:

edit: oops unmodded Fireball does trigger Burn.

Edited by Antitrust
When mastered, the damage of the DoT is increasing. At 75 points you do roughly triple damage per tick. At 200 points each tick does almost as much damage as the original attack :D

I can see why people are all about fire based High Elves, especially being that their percentage fire damage on her spells goes up with CA level. As for ice I am not sure that is the case... I guess then my next question is... why does the Inquisitor have damage lore as a primary skill?