Newbie Needs TLC - Great Machine

hello folks ,im stuck in the great machine (level 30sw)on xbox,I've killed 1 of the monsters (dont ask me how I dont know!),can any higher player give me some tips cos these look fearsome creatures.

I missed that part.

Okay, what type of Shadow Warrior are you playing as? Do you use melee weapons or Astral lord?

Are you using Dual Wield or a single weapon? If a single, I would suggest using a shield in the battle, to help keep you alive. In later levels, you can find 1 handed weapons with a mod of % life leech, very useful against bosses as its a fixed percentage of their total life. If Dual Wield, just go with best weapon combo.

I normally use melee, and make a combo of Killing Spree & Rousing command as a temp buff before the fight. Then, depending on weapon choice, I attack bosses like so:

If DW, I make a combo of Frenzied Rampage (thats all I have needed so far, it kills everything)

If sword/axe I use a combo of Scything Sweep/Demonic Blow (I normally take Combat Discipline so I can add Frenzied Rampage on end of combo. Its overkill really, wipes out crowds well too.

If you are Astral Lord, I really don't have that much experience with them. The only AL Combat Art I use is Nether Allegiance, and my guy is more powerful than they are anyway, so its kind of a waste.

Oh, and I hope you are using Reflective emanation as that buff will keep you alive. If you have concentration, use Grim Resilence too. Great combo of buffs, live givers.

The bosses aren't that hard, I have had to kill 2 at once before and they aren't that hard. But then I normally don't try them before level 38 so maybe go grind a few lvls and get some gear :D

Edited by Colif

Great machine: Watch out for temple guardian "fire traps" and fenn fires (those annoying little blue balls).

Have a look at your armor values - how much armor do you have in physical, magical, poison, ice....

The temple guardian fire traps do magic damage, not fire damage - isnt THAT logical... So equip relics that give you protection vs magic damage. The fenn fires do ice damage - equip relics that protect versus ice if you need ice protection.

Those 2 types of damage are probably the most dangerous for you in the great machine from "normal" enemies.

For the bosses, they each have a specific attack damage type and a specific weakness. The last boss is strongest and he does poison damage and is weak versus fire damage so make sure you equip 3 poison armor relics before fighting him and preferably use a weapon socketted with a physical to fire damage convertor, but you may not need it.

For a melee character like shadow warrior, its easy to have 4 weapons - one with each damage type. Use the damage type against each guardian that he is weak against.

Here's a link to see what kind of damage each guardian does and what its weak against. On the XBOX, you will see directly on the screen when fighting a boss what kind of damage he does and what he's weak against:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...meless_Guardian

True that gaining some levels will definately make the fight easier.

Edited by ka243