New Sacred 2 Gamer

Just going to throw this out there. Some pointers in my BFG guide and my general article for xbox players on the wiki may be useful. Have a look if you haven't seen them already (links in my signature).

Yeah, thanks I had it bookmarked already :agreed: I have read most of the builds I have found for both the Dryad and the BFG Seph. We are level 64 but will probably slow down a tad now because of lack of time to play. Its strange because we go such a long time taking almost zero damage and then all of a sudden something will wack us for HUGE damage. Because we both shoot things so far away, its hard at times to really know what is hitting us. I sometimes wonder if its reflection of our shots that are hitting ourselves or something.

In one of the guides it talks about having some MASSIVE armor rating that I just don't see possible. We are only around 6 to 8K armor at level 64... I believe I read somewhere where people had like 10 times that value. If that is the case, I am missing something about this game.

That stinks about having to do the quests again. Not so much having to do GOLD twice but having to go back and redo silver is a bummer. Oh well, perhaps something NICE will drop.

Thanks to all for your help and input.

Just going to throw this out there. Some pointers in my BFG guide and my general article for xbox players on the wiki may be useful. Have a look if you haven't seen them already (links in my signature).

Yeah, thanks I had it bookmarked already :agreed: I have read most of the builds I have found for both the Dryad and the BFG Seph. We are level 64 but will probably slow down a tad now because of lack of time to play. Its strange because we go such a long time taking almost zero damage and then all of a sudden something will wack us for HUGE damage. Because we both shoot things so far away, its hard at times to really know what is hitting us. I sometimes wonder if its reflection of our shots that are hitting ourselves or something.

In one of the guides it talks about having some MASSIVE armor rating that I just don't see possible. We are only around 6 to 8K armor at level 64... I believe I read somewhere where people had like 10 times that value. If that is the case, I am missing something about this game.

That stinks about having to do the quests again. Not so much having to do GOLD twice but having to go back and redo silver is a bummer. Oh well, perhaps something NICE will drop.

Thanks to all for your help and input.

Question of the day..... can someone explain trade off between armor rating and damage mitigation. Is there a threshold? Example: is 500 armor and 0 mitigation equal to 100 armor and 5% mitigation? Doesn't armor level itself affect how much damage you take?

Thanks

That is the toughest one. experience player would take any mitigation over armor anyday. but if this doesn't blow your mind like it did mine. read this post on Becoming a demigod.

How to Become a Demigod by Dobri

Kind of confused..... so he SHOPS for his armor? I was under the impression that you can NOT buy sets from the merchant, only 2 star items... do I have this wrong?

That is the toughest one. experience player would take any mitigation over armor anyday. but if this doesn't blow your mind like it did mine. read this post on Becoming a demigod.

Kind of confused..... so he SHOPS for his armor? I was under the impression that you can NOT buy sets from the merchant, only 2 star items... do I have this wrong?

The sets I suggested to you are stock with mitigation included. In his post of becoming a Demigod he takes this a step further. once you reach about level 75 and Armor Mastery (75 hard skill points in Armor Lore) you will see in merchants 2 star armor with multi channel mitigation on it. and with high enough bargaining it's out there for every class. Seraphim however seems to be favored by the gods to have sets with mitigation already on her.

The sets I suggested to you are stock with mitigation included. In his post of becoming a Demigod he takes this a step further. once you reach about level 75 and Armor Mastery (75 hard skill points in Armor Lore) you will see in merchants 2 star armor with multi channel mitigation on it. and with high enough bargaining it's out there for every class. Seraphim however seems to be favored by the gods to have sets with mitigation already on her.

Will I want this 2-star armor for the dryad or that one entire set? how do I find people to trade me stuff online? a poster replied to this thread early on but I haven't heard back since....

Will I want this 2-star armor for the dryad or that one entire set? how do I find people to trade me stuff online? a poster replied to this thread early on but I haven't heard back since....

I suggest the sets I layed out. For the dryad you have Ancient bark and GGT that will be an amazing source of HP regen, and reflect. I never thought I needed mitigation. although after Gogolicious ( sorry Gogoblender) got bum rushed in the wasteland a few weeks ago and lost a level 100ish Dryad..... I may need to research that. the main reason for the Full set of Deltheya's is in my mind all the bonuses from that set of gear. especially the %LL. that is gonna make her a serious boss killer.

On the seraphim that is more optional. if you find a chest, for example, with better stats than the Garment of the Celestial, than by all means go for it. the seraphim doesn't have a buff that boosts armor or HP regen like the Dryad. So for a seraphim Armor Mastery, toughness (can't remember if this is in the BFG build) and constitution mastery are gonna help and with a good amount, Mitigation will save her tail from the fire and ice of Ancarian Hell.

I suggest the sets I layed out. For the dryad you have Ancient bark and GGT that will be an amazing source of HP regen, and reflect. I never thought I needed mitigation. although after Gogolicious ( sorry Gogoblender) got bum rushed in the wasteland a few weeks ago and lost a level 100ish Dryad..... I may need to research that. the main reason for the Full set of Deltheya's is in my mind all the bonuses from that set of gear. especially the %LL. that is gonna make her a serious boss killer.

On the seraphim that is more optional. if you find a chest, for example, with better stats than the Garment of the Celestial, than by all means go for it. the seraphim doesn't have a buff that boosts armor or HP regen like the Dryad. So for a seraphim Armor Mastery, toughness (can't remember if this is in the BFG build) and constitution mastery are gonna help and with a good amount, Mitigation will save her tail from the fire and ice of Ancarian Hell.

Speaking of GGT..... when do I start PUMPING that rune? I am still at 1 rune read at level 64... does that sound right? I have been PUMPING the buffs with every extra rune I find though.

Speaking of GGT..... when do I start PUMPING that rune? I am still at 1 rune read at level 64... does that sound right? I have been PUMPING the buffs with every extra rune I find though.

have you modded it yet? and what are the regen times of GGT and Tangled Vines. how far are you with Nature lore? cause that is a big piece of the puzzle, too

have you modded it yet? and what are the regen times of GGT and Tangled Vines. how far are you with Nature lore? cause that is a big piece of the puzzle, too

Will get you all those answers soon. Nature lore will be my last skill when I hit level 65 (tonight) so perhaps that will greatly change things....

Ok, don't have those stats yet, I will try to get those at lunch today when I go home to eat. I will fire up the game with pen and paper and actually write down all stats on both characters at this point to share. We are level 67 I believe now (which is nice because I am done with skill selection) and I can not wait to hit level 75 to see what that does for skill masteries!

Questions/subject of the day is about DAMAGE:

Lets walk through 2 examples and please explain to me where I am right and wrong. I will write down my guess on what will happen.

Example A) Bow that does 100-150 physical damage

Example B) Bow that does 100-150 damage but is broken up into 1/3 phys, 1/3 magic, 1/3 poison

Now lets look at what adding the following items into a socket would do to their damage.

1) We socket with a 15-15 damage ring.

A) damage goes to 115-165

B) damage would go phys 48-65, magic 33-50, poison 33-50

2) Socket with 10% damage modifier (say from the blacksmith)

A) 110-165 damage

B) phys 36-55, magic 36-55, poison 36-55

3) 10% poison damage

A) No modification would happen at all as their is no poison damage to be enhanced

B) phys 33-50, magic 33-50, poison 36-55

4) 50% damage becomes Poison (does total damage remain the same?)

A) Phys 50-75, Poison 50-75

B) Totally have no clue here (is it stolen equally from all 3 is my guess including poison) phys 16-25, magic 16-25, poison 66-100

5) Does where you socket a modifier matter at all? Example, does adding 15% damage to the bow itself add more damage then adding 15% damage to my armor?

*** So, if I have this correct, %damage adds to ALL damages and is easily the "best" mod for total damage to add. Please explain where/how I have this all wrong or partially correct. :4rofl:

One other question: I searched the entire islands for the poison lord and the earth lord and came up empty in Free Play mode on the 360..... whats up with that?

Edited by keyser soze

GGT is fully modded per Putrescine's build. Is my understanding correct that there is no way to get the spell to last longer then 12 seconds? That is a LOT of recasting!

Have not modded FF or DD yet. I now have 3 mod points awaiting my decision. Thus far (in gold) I only use FF to break combo locks and DD seems pointless since by the time I am done casting this stuff my wife and I could have cleared the screen! :4rofl: I get that it will not always be like this but I ask this, WHO USES FF on the consoles? It takes so long to move the stupid cursor that if you are being pounded its probably a horrible idea to use this spell. I can see where this would be super useful on a PC with a mouse, but on the xbox it seems horrible. I am leaning on modding up DD right now and even removing FF from my front 4 button selection. Like I said, it pretty much only acts as a combo lock breaker or occasional jump the fence tool which is few because my wife can't do that with her Seph.

One more question to add to the above posts.

It is my understanding that WHEN you add a skill does NOT matter in the long run at all correct? Meaning, if I take concentration at level 2 versus level 65 makes no difference once I am level 65 right? There is no hidden bonus or anything for selecting a skill early is there?

Thanks again

It is my understanding that WHEN you add a skill does NOT matter in the long run at all correct? Meaning, if I take concentration at level 2 versus level 65 makes no difference once I am level 65 right? There is no hidden bonus or anything for selecting a skill early is there?

Thanks again

Yet another question: Don't really get why 2.5% life steal would be a big deal. Is this 2.5% of my damage dealt or 2.5% of the monster's total life? If its the first then isn't this the case:

If I do 1,000 damage 2.5% would simply be 62.5 extra damage to the monster and obviously to my HPs.... if that is the case I do not see why this would make much of an impact since 1,000 damage and 1,062.5 isn't much difference. My Golden touch does the job for HP's. However, if 2.5% is from the monster's total life, then we are talking different situation there.

Thanks

Thanks again

Yet another question: Don't really get why 2.5% life steal would be a big deal. Is this 2.5% of my damage dealt or 2.5% of the monster's total life? If its the first then isn't this the case:

If I do 1,000 damage 2.5% would simply be 62.5 extra damage to the monster and obviously to my HPs.... if that is the case I do not see why this would make much of an impact since 1,000 damage and 1,062.5 isn't much difference. My Golden touch does the job for HP's. However, if 2.5% is from the monster's total life, then we are talking different situation there.

Thanks

It is the later, and 2.5% never seemed like much to me either. until I went after a boss with 2 million HP. My poor dryad was only doing 8,500 damage per hit. Granted hitting faster than I could count but still, which was slowly ticking away at the boss. 8500 damage was basically 0.425% of his total. and on top of the that I had about 750 hp regen per sec. with the 2.5% added on I was suddenly doing 50,000 additional damage plus my 8500 per hit. and had a 50,000 hp healing per hit. Yeah %LL rocks!

Thanks again

Thanks

It is the later, and 2.5% never seemed like much to me either. until I went after a boss with 2 million HP. My poor dryad was only doing 8,500 damage per hit. Granted hitting faster than I could count but still, which was slowly ticking away at the boss. 8500 damage was basically 0.425% of his total. and on top of the that I had about 750 hp regen per sec. with the 2.5% added on I was suddenly doing 50,000 additional damage plus my 8500 per hit. and had a 50,000 hp healing per hit. Yeah %LL rocks!

Wow, yeah, then I can see where that would be good stuff! please take a look at my few posts above that have a few questions in them as well. Thanks man.

GGT is fully modded per Putrescine's build. Is my understanding correct that there is no way to get the spell to last longer then 12 seconds? That is a LOT of recasting!

I only use it right before going into a boss fight. The boss is usually dead before it ends.

Have not modded FF or DD yet. I now have 3 mod points awaiting my decision. Thus far (in gold) I only use FF to break combo locks and DD seems pointless since by the time I am done casting this stuff my wife and I could have cleared the screen! I get that it will not always be like this but I ask this, WHO USES FF on the consoles? It takes so long to move the stupid cursor that if you are being pounded its probably a horrible idea to use this spell. I can see where this would be super useful on a PC with a mouse, but on the xbox it seems horrible. I am leaning on modding up DD right now and even removing FF from my front 4 button selection. Like I said, it pretty much only acts as a combo lock breaker or occasional jump the fence tool which is few because my wife can't do that with her Seph.

FF sucks on consoles for the exact reasons you stated. My four buttons go to RI, DA, GGT and DD. RI is set up with boss-killing mods in mind, DA for grinding on packs mostly. I rarely ever use DD but it's there "just in case".

One other question: I searched the entire islands for the poison lord and the earth lord and came up empty in Free Play mode on the 360..... whats up with that?

You won't find them. They were bosses patched into the game for PC for the Christmas Island questline or some such. Consoles quit being patched right before that.

None, you're fine.

I only use it right before going into a boss fight. The boss is usually dead before it ends.

Have not modded FF or DD yet. I now have 3 mod points awaiting my decision. Thus far (in gold) I only use FF to break combo locks and DD seems pointless since by the time I am done casting this stuff my wife and I could have cleared the screen! I get that it will not always be like this but I ask this, WHO USES FF on the consoles? It takes so long to move the stupid cursor that if you are being pounded its probably a horrible idea to use this spell. I can see where this would be super useful on a PC with a mouse, but on the xbox it seems horrible. I am leaning on modding up DD right now and even removing FF from my front 4 button selection. Like I said, it pretty much only acts as a combo lock breaker or occasional jump the fence tool which is few because my wife can't do that with her Seph.

FF sucks on consoles for the exact reasons you stated. My four buttons go to RI, DA, GGT and DD. RI is set up with boss-killing mods in mind, DA for grinding on packs mostly. I rarely ever use DD but it's there "just in case".

You won't find them. They were bosses patched into the game for PC for the Christmas Island questline or some such. Consoles quit being patched right before that.

None, you're fine.

Great responses Timmy, thanks!

Hey, thanks guys for all the answers. Here is another one for ya :oooo:

I have a level 66 Pyromancer HE that I am using as a "shopper" now because I like the Dryad hunter so much more. However, I just read a section on the voodoo disease dryad and I am considering bailing on the HE as my shopper and moving to that. Do you guys have any thoughts on this? Does it make sense to go with the VD thing for faster XP and more bargaining?

Hey, thanks guys for all the answers. Here is another one for ya :)

I have a level 66 Pyromancer HE that I am using as a "shopper" now because I like the Dryad hunter so much more. However, I just read a section on the voodoo disease dryad and I am considering bailing on the HE as my shopper and moving to that. Do you guys have any thoughts on this? Does it make sense to go with the VD thing for faster XP and more bargaining?

Wowzers, made a new Shopper from a Dryad and I am now glad that I did that.

Question about Blazing Tempest (HE): Is there a way to get the wall to move faster? Just seems like its far too slow to me.

2 reasons that I believe a Dryad is much superior to the HE (just IMO ofc)

1) Swamp is the best/most fun place to level in entire game and BT totally stinks there

2) Dryad can literally do EVERYTHING the HE can do but FAR BETTER and safer.... at least to level 75 with no starting gear.

I can not speak to level 100+ with tons of awesome gear. Perhaps you can mod the BT up to so much damage that it one hit kills everything, I don't know.

Was this a guide I wrote? Not sure what's referred to here.

The nicest about the BFG is that its the only weapon you can use waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay above character level. All other weapons have a limit on the level weapon you can use at a certain character level.

Here's a table of maximum weapon level (other than BFG) that can be wielded at all character levels:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5?title...ble_Item_Levels

Edited by ka243
(keyser soze @ Jan 5 2010, 02:38 PM)

If you use Crystal skin for your second Buff, with Grand Invigoration first. and take all the mods for lowering regen time of Mystic Stormite. you can pump the Combat Art level of Crystal skin very,very high and get added Physical Armor to go to ridiculous levels.

If you use Crystal skin for your second Buff, with Grand Invigoration first. and take all the mods for lowering regen time of Mystic Stormite. you can pump the Combat Art level of Crystal skin very,very high and get added Physical Armor to go to ridiculous levels.

Ok, question about armor/defense in general. It appears to me that the only way to get REALLY high armor ratings is with a Buff of some sort. I am playing with a dryad and have ancient bark beefed up pretty good and have my armor rating around 21K. My wife is playing with a Seph and does not have such a thing and consequently has an armor rating around 3K even though her armor is better than mine. So I am not really sure what to make of this. Should I expect my armor rating to be around 8 times hers through the game or am I missing something? With a buff like Bark does it really even matter what armor I wear as it seems to have little overall effect on my character rating? I think I swapped 2 pieces of armor back and forth to look at the effects of my rating. One had an armor rating of like 11 and the other 175, the effects to my character's total armor rating with Bark on were negligible. Is this the case and I should only look for armor with the best attributes and ignore the armor rating itself?

Ok, question about armor/defense in general. It appears to me that the only way to get REALLY high armor ratings is with a Buff of some sort. I am playing with a dryad and have ancient bark beefed up pretty good and have my armor rating around 21K. My wife is playing with a Seph and does not have such a thing and consequently has an armor rating around 3K even though her armor is better than mine. So I am not really sure what to make of this. Should I expect my armor rating to be around 8 times hers through the game or am I missing something? With a buff like Bark does it really even matter what armor I wear as it seems to have little overall effect on my character rating? I think I swapped 2 pieces of armor back and forth to look at the effects of my rating. One had an armor rating of like 11 and the other 175, the effects to my character's total armor rating with Bark on were negligible. Is this the case and I should only look for armor with the best attributes and ignore the armor rating itself?

Ancient Bark on the Dryad and Crystal Skin on the HE are unique like this as they add base armor to your character. As well both buffs have chance to reflect. Armor Lore adds a multiplier % that increases the base armor if your Char. Where the seraphim has to added buff Warding_Energy . And the 3 set items with mitigation (shoulders, chest, wings) from the sets I told you about. you can actually achieve better defense with the Seraphim. try Socketing A Few Battle Stance Runes into the seraphim's Armor and you can very easily get yer to 100% Phys Damage Mitigation.

Edit: And you are on Console , which has the added benefit of wearing 6 relics. they all go towards base armor. since Ancient bark has physical and poison covered, you can concentrate you Relics on magic, fire, ice. PC has only 3 relics at a time

Ancient Bark on the Dryad and Crystal Skin on the HE are unique like this as they add base armor to your character. As well both buffs have chance to reflect. Armor Lore adds a multiplier % that increases the base armor if your Char. Where the seraphim has to added buff Warding_Energy . And the 3 set items with mitigation (shoulders, chest, wings) from the sets I told you about. you can actually achieve better defense with the Seraphim. try Socketing A Few Battle Stance Runes into the seraphim's Armor and you can very easily get yer to 100% Phys Damage Mitigation.

Edit: And you are on Console , which has the added benefit of wearing 6 relics. they all go towards base armor. since Ancient bark has physical and poison covered, you can concentrate you Relics on magic, fire, ice. PC has only 3 relics at a time

Wow, so I should look to use runes in her armor socket for that? I have never even thought of that. I haven't really considered any runes in armors. Can you list any other runes that I should consider using? I think I will add battle stance to the armor. I guess I thought doing that simply added BS levels, I didn't know it had secondary effects like that.