Journey of a new dragon mage

dagonite

DM 3aspect diary

my DM will be based on the elementalist guide by chattius which uses modded skills from the 3 aspects.

Since I have the feeling the discussion around the DM is kinda dead (3 topics in guide section with only 20 or so comments in total ? come on people lol) I'll take a shot at (re)starting discussion so that more advanced players can create more guides or ideas

I'm a new player and a new poster, so I don't think I have the required knowledge of this game to make an adequate guide, but I'll make a diary of my experiences with this DM

so that more experienced players may pick up on it or expand it with their advice, or answer some of the questions that are surely to come up.

first things first

Look: personal preference off course, I'll go with a very pale skin color and a black imp

mode: since I lack experience with this game I'll start non HC bronze, which I'll upgrade when I'm feeling confident enough

deity: mm... I always end up picking 'the evil side', and for roleplay purposes no deity seems more fitting than Ker.

I know the skill sucks but what's a better deity of an evil character than the goddess of darkness and destruction?

name: Dagon ;-)

note: I will also state my general feeling of the game, maybe it makes for a good read, and for me the journey through the world will be more fun than

just 'rush the orc cave'

(I'm also playing Shadow Warrior and Inquisitor, but there are plenty of guides and other information about these 2 so making a diary with my DM makes more sense to me)

Edited by gogoblender

first question: what do you guys think is the most adequate form of melee for a DM ?

I'm gonna play as a caster, but every once in a while it would be nice to pummel something into the ground lol

the choice for me is between two things: either go with life leech weapons like often suggested for melee weapons, or try

to give stat points to intelligence and use the buffing of the familiar to do some damage with magic staffs.

I don't think anyone mentioned the possibility of doing a DM version of the int staff dryad.

I'm not going to spend extra skill or lores for melee though, just want to use the most efficient backup plan for the one or two times I'll attack something with

melee weapons

edit: chattius suggested life leech would be better in the long run than the int staffs, still wondering if DM could match the insane damage the dryad int staff does

Edited by dagonite