Xanthiar is completely destroying me

hey guys I am a seraphim and am at xanthiar but he just does so much damage. I'm level 24 on bronze. any hints or anything that will help me finally beat him?

thanks

you didn't mention if you are on Console or PC(Ice and Blood). Here is some detail on this boss .Xanthiar. nhe does fire and magic damage and is weakest against Ice. I have found him to be very tough in Ice and Blood.

equip fire and magic relics, socket ice into your weapons, and make hit-n-run attacks.

Make sure your defense value is up. and your attack. Battle_Stance buff is a huge help with that.

Edit: BTW, sorry I forgot my manners. Welcome to FDM! Enjoy your stay, check out the SacredWiki, you already started asking questions. And that is great. :blush:

Oh he's a toughy alright. That one creeps me out, haha. Best advise I can give is that if you have a Bargaining character then buy yourself a weapon with Leech life from opponents. It's the best boss killer item modifier in the game. :P

Welcome aboard! :blush:

Shooting the hell out of him and using the divine protection and the snake spell (sorry I keep forgetting the name) that heals. Plus I must admit I have diety Forens. Nice bubble :blush:

Not to forget keeping the thumb trigger ready on space for pots :P

But maybe that was just good for me to do against him, since I fail miserably on hit and run tactics.

Life Leech % weapons (like Schot mentioned) are the most important. Even if you hit for a tiny amount of damage with the weapon, the % life leech works off the boss's (or opponent's) total life. So, 1.2% (the smallest life leech % I've seen) is a huge amount of unresisted damage when talking about a boss. Sure, it will take about 83 hits to kill it... (that was calculated by life leech damage alone... there will be damage from your weapon and combat arts as well), but at least the life total will be going down!

As mentioned as well: see what damage the boss does in melee, and set the relics for that. If the boss is going to do a 'spell'--you might want to F9, F10, F11 or F12 to switch the relic set (that is for PC, I don't know how console users switch relics) during the combat to have the proper resistance maxed for a specific attack type.

Good luck!

Thanks for this info. He is kicking my butt now. I'm level 45 on silver with a dual weild seraphim, that fire spell that drops the meteors is brutal. Re-reliccing and changing weapons now.

Finally got this guy. Picked up a LL 2 hander and socketed it for ice, +ice and % deathblow. Also put on all the +fire armor I could find. I pulled him down the hallway (b/c there were a few mobs in the room) and turned him sideways (perpendicular to the path) and he did not go into the air at all.

• 2 months later...

That has to be the toughest dragon in the game for the xbox360. It's the one boss that seems very unpredictable in it's ability and I only face him with assistance. Interesting that other people have experienced the same thing, it's not my imagination then.